Notices

5+ months and a close call.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the more you make your own sober life the less your ex's life will bother you Justin

D
Old 05-25-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It's hard to detach from an ex when children are involved, as you're involved in each other's lives. As you develop your own life, I think it'll get easier.

I see a psychiatrist, but pretty much just for med checks.....I do talk therapy with a psychologist ....works for me
Old 05-25-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Justin, thank you so much for sharing. You've had some tough stuff on your plate but are handling them with such commitment to your sobriety -- and yourself and your children.

It's great to hear about times when our fellow journeyers are able to clear a challenging hurdle, especially in the early days, and how they did it/are doing it. I'm proud of you, Justin, and you have ample reason to be proud of yourself.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I think I am "picking up" what you guys are "putting down". If I move forward in my own life and build a good happy sober existence these things with my ex will bother me less. I guess time will be the ultimate healer as long as I am working towards happiness, and of course living sober.

I think I am going to check out a meeting tonight. Haven't been in a few weeks but it will be nice to be in a room physically with other actively sober peeps.

Thanks for the kind words.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Great work, Justin!!!
Old 05-25-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Justin - it's always great to see you & I'm so glad you posted what was on your mind. You have many friends here who care. Very proud of you for staying on course when the going got difficult.

I agree with Dee - there is a happy future waiting. Everything is going to turn around.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I found time to be a great healer, Justin

You are on the right path. Keep up the good work. You will get there, to the place you want to be
Old 05-25-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You're an inspiration Justin. Keep looking and going forward.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Well today is proving to be a good one! I feel a sense of harmony being restored and I owe so much to SR.

I spoke with an academic counsellor regarding my return to school and he was able to fast track me and waive the admission fee! I now just have to wait for my letter of acceptance and select my classes in a few weeks! It really does feel good to be actively building a future and being sober really makes everything seem so doable and manageable. If I was drinking now everything would seem so impossible and I imagine I would be feeling 100x worse!

I also secured a small contract to produce some music again which I haven't done in awhile... 3 guesses as to why. . Also I met with my lawyer this AM and signed the separation agreement and that feels like a weight has lifted. The meeting last night was pretty cool too.

Even though it does get harder for some, the rewards also feel greater. It's almost like they are proportionate to each other, I dunno. Glad I can help through my struggles. Believe me everybody who posts on here helps so many others while helping themselves!

Have a great day everybody!
Old 05-26-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

How exciting
Old 05-26-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Yay, Justin!

It's really a pleasure for me to follow your progress, and am so glad to see this latest development about the school as well. I guess I especially enjoy following you because I relate to your approach about recovery and your overall style a lot... Anyhow, if you are getting into psychology (as you mentioned before), there will certainly be plenty of great opportunities in your future, what to do with that sort of education. I work with many people who have psychology backgrounds and degrees, and they do all sorts of cool things, both individually and in smaller or larger collaborations. It's also a field that you can build on in many ways these days, I think, depending on your interests.

Again, great work!