Notices

Three Weeks In, Major Fatigue

Old 04-08-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Pouncer you are awesome
Old 04-08-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sounds familiar!! Keep pushing through Pouncer!!
Old 04-08-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Adventurer

I went through a similar time of being tired. If I did not sleep I usually started having anxiety. Eventually the anxiety subsided and the fatigue evened out. I think my body was adjusting to awful sleep patterns when I was drinking.

I also wanted to eat a lot (like everything in sight) for the first few months but that also evened out.

I am at day 89 today and it will be here for you before you know it for you as well.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I think the first time in my life I used the word fatigued was when I got sober because that is the first time I felt that drained. I finally understood what the word meant.

Hang in there, it gets better. At times I felt great and then fatigued again. I am not one to take naps or not get things done because I am tired but I learned how to do that. I learned how to listen to my mind and body when it says it has had enough and I need rest.

Drink lots of water, eat some ice cream (preferably chocolate ) and take the extra time to rest.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am exactly three weeks into sobriety and have major, major anxiety---I totally get that it's terrible to be tired/sluggish all the time, but right now in the moment all I can wish for is to be more tired. I am constantly jittery, and it gets worse and worse as the day moves on. I wonder if I will get more tired as time goes on?
Old 04-08-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

We differ vastly, in age and metabolism.
Not so long ago, I could've survived very easily
on marginal sleep. Up at 3:00am, bed at 1:00am.

Run clear through the proverbial "brick wall", etc.

In my younger years, I would have scoffed
at the notion of a nap. That's for the old farts.

Not any more.
(I thought I was over the hill at 40)
HAHAHAHAHA
This Saturday=53
I think I know where a softer brick wall is................

Rest up, Pouncer.
It's all good.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I still get fatigued and im six months in. Part of getting older too I think. Ive probably been this way for a while but was too drunk to notice. Have a check up. Get blood work done to rule anything out.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Three weeks was a tough time for me too Pouncer. I was frustrated because I thought I should be feeling much better, but truth was, I felt worse.

I can't tell you how many times I threw in the towel around that time bc I figured I might as well be hungover if I was going to be feeling miserable all the time.

I'm at three months now. And while I can tell I am still healing. It's much better.

Your relief is right around the corner !
Old 04-08-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks, all!

I have an upcoming physical and I feel fine other than the fatigue. I hate to sound morbid but it reminds me of the fatigue I had after major radiation treatments. The weeks off were spent sleeping because my body had to repair itself and generate new, healthy cells.

The good thing is that I don't feel worried about a physical this time. I stopped drinking and I am not fretting over routine blood tests. The other good news is that this is another phase I never want to go through again - a one-way passage to sobriety. At this point, even one drink would negate the hard work my body is doing to repair itself.