Notices

Still relatively new here

Old 08-20-2004, 12:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still relatively new here

This only the second thread that I've ever posted so I am still unsure about a lot of the navigation. I don't know if words can even describe how I feel, but I'll try anyway. I am a codependent alcoholic with a very addictive personality who decided to marry a sexaholic who is obsessed with the perfect body. So you can see why I have come to this site for help. HELP HELP HELP. My wife of five years has cheated on me several times with several different men and now she is pregnant with another mans baby. I obviously feel a huge sense of betrayal from the woman that I call wife, but I seem to be at the end of my rope. HELP HELP HELP. My drinking has become increasingly worse over the past 2 mths. In a very feeble attempt to numb the intense pain and rejection that I feel. However as some of you know all it makes me want to do is cry or die. I am in a 12 step group but I fall a lot and could use a little encouragement from people who share my addiction. I quess that is all I have to say about that right now. HELP HELP HELP.

nucldragr
Old 08-20-2004, 04:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

((((nucldragr))))
I am so sorry for the pain you are experiencing! Please know, there are many, many here that can support your sobriety.
Have you gone to any counceling? It may help as far as your marriage goes.
On the naranon board, there is a man "named" pum who might help, having experienced some of the same issues.
A book titled Codependent No More by Melody Beattie might be helpful too. Please know, you must focus on YOURSELF first. YOUR sobriety. You cannot change or cure your wife; you didn't cause her actions either! (The three C's we codependents MUST learn for our own sanity!) But, you can help yourself. Please put your priorities where they need to be for right now - with YOU.
For now, please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Shalom!
Old 08-20-2004, 05:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nucldragr,

I am very sorry for your situation. It's obviously a very difficult situation for you to be in and clearly is going to take much soul-searching and hard work to find a solution to this problem.

I hope you can stop drinking today and start to deal with your emotions. Take small steps and try to move ahead slowly.

There's lots of support and understanding here. Keep posting.

Love, Anna
Old 08-20-2004, 05:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

((((((((nucldragr)))))))) I feel your pain. I have not experienced your exact situation, but I have been horribly hurt by relationships I have been in because of my codependency and alcoholism. Hang in there. Teach said it best: "you must focus on YOURSELF first. YOUR sobriety. You cannot change or cure your wife; you didn't cause her actions either!"

My prayers are with you. Keep posting!!!