Notices

my daughter called me

Old 04-09-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. She is doing well this morning so getting to try some food. She's currently eating some applesauce. After she's done with that, we're going for a walk and to the chapel here for a classical concert. If she's feeling up to it, she will try some chicken and maybe a vegetable. If she can manage that, we can go home and wait for biopsy results there.

We're keeping our fingers crossed because we are so ready to go home.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

We got to come home. She was able to get off of the IV and tolerate small amounts of food. I got a great nights rest last night which helps a lot.

Also, I have reached my longest time without a drink in months. I feel good. No, great. My kids are gone tonight and I have no desire to go out. I have my day/evening planned: Workouts, some baking and movies. Tomorrow, my house will be full of teenaged girls getting ready for Prom!! My twins are going to their first prom, so it will be fun. My youngest and I are then having company over to watch the whole Star Wars saga.

Sobriety is definitely more fun than drinking. A house full of people I love vs. Sitting in a bar with people I barely tolerate. Easy choice today.

Here's to Day 7
Old 04-10-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for both of you. I am so glad you are there to support your daughter. Hugs to you both!
Old 04-10-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi TS, I'm so glad that your daughter reached out to you and that you were there for her. I'm glad that she's able to eat and that she came home. I think you sound great. Congratulations and have a great time with prom prep. That's exciting! Thanks for sharing with us.