Notices

After all the terrible stories I've read here...

Old 04-01-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
one more question - it's one I asked before.

How long has this been working for you ZHIK?

D
Since I started to use it effectively. Tomorrow 3 weeks.

Would you really deny an option that is different from what you have been taught? Because you have invested so much in the current way of thinking?

Blend in a good feeling in to the feeling that makes to want to drink. Do you still want to?
Old 04-01-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm happy and sober.

I'd rather go with whats been working for me for 8 years.
Is that wrong?

I don't think so.

I've read posts very similar to yours before. The cures change but the sales pitch and the language never does.

I wish you well, like I always do - but from where I sit this cure has no foundation to it at all.

D
Old 04-01-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

I drank on every feeling under the sun, so know this wouldn't work for me! 3 weeks is quite early doors to say you've found a cure for alcoholism. I know people sober for 40+ years who address it on a daily basis and certainly don't call themselves cured.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm happy and sober.

I'd rather go with whats been working for me for 8 years.
Is that wrong?

I don't think so.

I've read posts very similar to yours before. The cures change but the sales pitch and the language never does.

I wish you well, like I always do - but from where I sit this cure has no foundation to it at all.

D
I appreciate your choice. I'm not selling anything though.I'm not making any money from it. It's just to help my fellow alcoholics to get them cured. Yes, cured.

You didn't try it at all, did you?
Old 04-01-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Try18 View Post
I drank on every feeling under the sun, so know this wouldn't work for me! 3 weeks is quite early doors to say you've found a cure for alcoholism. I know people sober for 40+ years who address it on a daily basis and certainly don't call themselves cured.
That is inaccurate and an excuse. There is one feeling that makes you want to drink though. Blend happiness into it, for you personally, and see how much your excuses hold up.

P.S. I am doing this to help people. Heavy resistance is what I expected. But this works.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by ZHIK View Post
I appreciate your choice. I'm not selling anything though.I'm not making any money from it. It's just to help my fellow alcoholics to get them cured. Yes, cured.

You didn't try it at all, did you?
I don't have 'a feeling to drink' to 'fold any good thoughts into'...so no LOL.

D
Old 04-01-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Nah think I'll stick to what I know works for me.

Cheers anyway, hope it works out for you...
Old 04-01-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Bold statements like stating you have cured alcoholism is sure to achieve your expected goal of heavy resistance. If it works for you, great. You can't realistically think it will work for everyone. It just won't.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Submitted for your approval... one ZHIK
Old 04-01-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I don't have 'a feeling to drink' to fold any good thoughts into...so no LOL.

D
Well, great! You got over it over time. Could have been instant though.

You still don't believe that in a couple of minutes one can turn from an alcoholic to someone who doesn't drink, or, if they want to, drink like a "normal" person, do you?
Old 04-01-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Old 04-01-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm reluctant to even enter this fray...but...

ZHIK, the part that I'm not understanding is the blending in the good feeling (I understand it visually, like milk into coffee)...

I didn't drink because I had bad feelings. I drank with great joy and happiness. I quit because of the damage to my body. So, I was starting with the glass of milk, and there's nothing to blend into it...

I don't think you have to feel bad about drinking to quit. I think you just need to want it and decide it and, well, do it. I think there are a zillion ways to approach the quitting, different ways of framing it.

For many people on here, the addiction to alcohol was a physical addiction. Whether or not people felt happiness or anger or sadness or shame at the moment they were drinking had nothing to do with their inability to quit - it was a physical reaction, just like heroin, where you feel sicker when you stop because your body adapted to it, and the only way to stop feeling sick is to keep doing it or go through detox, getting even sicker until you are finally through the physical response...

Anyway, you say "there is one feeling that makes you want to drink though." For me, that feeling was primarily happiness/joy. So I don't fully understand... the converse of that feeling for me is a sense of responsibility, which is the feeling I used to re-orient myself toward sobriety.

I think the part that isn't working in terms of communicating your idea is that there are as many reasons or approaches to drinking as there are people on these boards, so there have to be just as many solutions. If this worked for you, that is wonderful, but it might not fit any one else's experience...
Old 04-01-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Court jester

Interesting ZHIK. Do you do anything else for your recovery or is this the only thing? I mean do you use this a a tool for you in sobriety or as the only tool?
Old 04-01-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
EndGame

I hope this is not another April Fools thread. Then again, maybe I do?
Old 04-01-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, great! You got over it over time. Could have been instant though.

You still don't believe that in a couple of minutes one can turn from an alcoholic to someone who doesn't drink, or, if they want to, drink like a "normal" person, do you?
no. and I think it's dangerous and irresponsible of you to suggest such a thing here in a newcomers forum.

D
Old 04-01-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
I hope this is not another April Fools thread. Then again, maybe I do?
April Fools jokes expire at noon, was always told that if you did one after it "You're the fool!"

But yes ... I know what you mean!
Old 04-01-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm confused by the instructions. I believe I will always have an addictive personality, because I have all my life. Not just with booze.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
EndGame

Also, many people have attempted to achieve sobriety by changing their feelings in all kinds of ways. This "method" has a long and reliable record of failure over the long term.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Court jester

No.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

no. and I think it's dangerous and irresponsible of you to suggest such a thing here in a newcomers forum.

D
Don't be such a block to anything that goes against anything you've believed so far Dee.