Originally Posted by pudsyh View Post
Guess I should jump into this Class too ... Day 10 x
Welcome
Old 04-09-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Hey Vinomama. I would recommend AA. It helps me. Lots of good discussions
Old 04-09-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Hi all. It's grocery day. I'm out and about and darn it I want to stop for beer on the way home. I've been thinking about it for a couple of hours now. Sigh. I hope by posting this I can get AV to go away or at least quiet down. I just stopped and ate some ice cream, it hasn't helped yet.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Great job posting Chick. Remember the craving will end. Keep eating that ice cream. . You've got this
Old 04-09-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
nmd

Originally Posted by Vinomama View Post
What will speed this entire withdrawal crap up
Not sure you can, but make sure you are eating enough and getting plenty of rest. Drinking will reset things and drag out the withdrawal.

My last go it took me a 3-4days to get past my insomnia and my heart racing. After another 2 months my body had recovered to a point where I wasn't falling asleep mid-afternoon.

Then, at 3 months I decided to drink.

Anyways, welcome. :-)
Old 04-09-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Morning class, hope your morning finds you all another day in and feeling better for it.

Day 10 for me.....double figures.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rudy68 View Post
So I drank again last night - this is the story of my life. I make all these promises to myself when I'm hung over but the next night I forget how I felt. I am starting to hate myself
I can totally relate Rudy, I have a built-in 'forgetter' also. Maybe try posting little notes around your home, car etc to help you remember to stay on course and that you ARE worth it? That's what I'd like to do for myself.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Day 2. What does AV stand for?
Old 04-09-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Hi all. It's grocery day. I'm out and about and darn it I want to stop for beer on the way home. I've been thinking about it for a couple of hours now. Sigh. I hope by posting this I can get AV to go away or at least quiet down. I just stopped and ate some ice cream, it hasn't helped yet.
I hope the urge passes soon CHickChick. Miraculously they often do. You just have to tough out that initial hump.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Brief check in. Still feel awful from the night before last. I checked my email yesterday and it looks like I also sent a drunk email to someone I should not be talking to. Wrote an apology and feel stupid for dragging it out even more. Anyway it's over and done with and it's really beautiful out I'm going to take in some of the beauty while I can. Have a good strong day everyone.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You know what worked for me James? I stopped....then in a couple of months when my head was clear I was able to get a lot further and a lot closer to the why.

I thought I needed to know the why before I stopped too...I never got anywhere and I kept drinking....

If something's telling you you need to know the why before you can stop, that just might be your AV looking for a few more months, or years, of you tickling its fancy.
Thanks Dee

Maybe I'm putting too much thought into this. I was trained as a scientist and although I'm now in a different industry, my thought process is always along those lines. The Mr Spock in me, my wife calls it.

Why I did the post was, I now realise, I failed last time because I wasn't doing it for myself.

Over Easter I was surrounded by alcohol drinking mates but not one drop past my lips. Found it easy. Got home and yesterday I had a beer with my brother in law. No hint of AV
So looks like I'm back today to start Day 1.
No use looking back.
Stay strong everyone, AV is a sneaky SOB.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by marley1984 View Post
Day 2. What does AV stand for?
Alcoholic Voice
Old 04-09-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I ws going to joke that AV means adult video but it means Alcoholic Voice.

Morning all. Day 12.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Well it's 6:20pm here so I've made it another day. I went back to AA today. I stopped going after my relapse. And I also got a sponsor. I'm really ready to stay stopped this time.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  
30 Days & Under Club

Day 3 over here and I'm realizing why I rarely make it past Day 3... I don't like the thought of never being able to enjoy my favorite wine again. (Especially on a beautiful day like today!) Anyway, I figured I'd post my thoughts on SR and get a little feedback--usually, I have no one to talk to about this and end up drinking.

Quick Background:
Before saying I'd stay sober, I drank a bottle of wine 1-2 times per week. That begins to add up and I could feel myself wanting to go to 2-3 times per week so I signed up for SR in hopes of staying sober. Now, I'm second-guessing myself and wondering if I should just make myself stick to **only** drinking 1 day per week and be 85%SoberRunner.

Also, I feel like drinking before Monday rolls around because I have to go back to work next werk. This is my last "vacation week" until summer begins. I feel like I should enjoy my vacation days while I can. To me, Enjoy = Wine!

I just finished working out, picking up dinner, and returning my Redbox movie. I went to a different Redbox kiosk because my usual kiosk is where I buy my wine. But I'm not sure how much longer I can resist!!
Old 04-09-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome SoberRunner

It's pretty normal to have those thoughts on day three...and a little longer besides....

I found tho the more I stayed sober, the more I built a sober life for myself (and loved it) the more I changed..

once I could not imagine life without alcohol...now I cannot imagine going back to it

It's not something you'll sort out in a week...but it is something you'll sort out.

Stick with it
Old 04-09-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

This it. Do it know or die a miserable death. My no drinking day starts tomorrow and I will be on S.R. most of the time. I'm going to go to church, I'm going to try some AA meetings I'm going to do all I can... I will not be defeated this weekend....
TC
Old 04-09-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

That's great Tc. Stay close and have a blessed weekend.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

SoberRunner

I'm very similar to you, or at least I was. I used to drink only on a Saturday. Then only on a Friday and Saturday. Then maybe one of the week days. Then I found that one bottle of wine was insufficient. So not I drink two bottles of wine at least in one sitting at least twice a week. I slowly but surely increased both in frequency and quantity. It's a real slippery slope.

On the subject of holidays weekends etc. I have my most successful periods of sobriety when I start at the "difficult" times. If I start on a Monday I'm bound to wilt the next weekend. But if I "sacrifice" one of the relaxing, celebratory days I find out it wasn't so hard and I want it to mean something.

This period now I started with two days left on my holiday.