Notices

Ever feel like screaming?

Old 03-27-2015, 11:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I often watch the news (esp the localish news) and they go on and on and on about the bad things that have happened, and I say to my OH, I've heard of 'some' good and happy stuff that's happened today, and there must be loads more that I haven't heard about. Wht can't we have a Happy News program as well, so that people can hear both sides of things if they want to. It's hard to remember that humans and life isn't JUST a pile of poop when we watch just the negative side of it all.

Doing my gratitude list really helps me keep some perspective as well, but I'd be fibbing if I said that I remember to do that every night. I must get better with it in my routine though. Ten minutes of an evening is a small price to pay for some sanity.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
Do you ever just feel like screaming? I don't know... not sure if I should just write a massive 12 paragraph post to let it all out, or just buy one of those stand-up punching bags, and beat the hell out it.

It's sad that this is 2015, and the world is still in the state it is, isn't it? You'd think we would have evolved to the state we can figure things out by now, but nope, quite obviously we can't. Constant wars, constant brutality, idiot senators throwing snowballs around to "prove" climate change doesn't exist, etc. Hell, most of us can't even get through a Thanksgiving dinner without grief.

At the same time, there's some amazing feats happening, such as the Mars Rover, SpaceX, brilliant advances in cancer research, and many others, so there is hope. Not much, but there is some.

I don't know...
The short answer is yes, I've felt like screaming. The longer answer is well...long. There is so much in our life we cannot control. Therefore, I choose to only concern myself with that in which I can control. It is a much better outcome.