Notices

HELP. Need some advice please.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

HELP. Need some advice please.

Im a 37 year old male and started smoking heroin in January 2011. Ended up in prison due to heroin in December 2011 and did a detox and got clean at the end of January 2012. stayed clean until coming out of prison, by June 2013 i was smoking full time then detoxed again in March 2014. Stayed clean until November 2014 and have been smoking full time ever since. Yes, you are asking why am posting here.... so bear with me!!!

My wife to be (supposed to be getting married this July but it will have to be postponed if we aren't clean) started drinking at the age of 14 and didn't stop until May 2010 after many failed medical detoxs and rehabs. At one point being admitted to hospital with a yellow face and being told that if she didn't stop drinking her liver will pack up and she will die.

After nearly 5 years sober she relapsed 14 days ago (10th much 2015) her urine is already dark dark brown

She also smokes heroin.

After many many times saying we are going to stop we have made a choice to stop right now.
i need to know how dangerous it is for my wife to be stopping drinking abruptly after 14 days?

she wants to go cold turkey on both hwroin and alcohol even though we both have methadone which she could use to taper down on.

She has been taking disulfram for 3 years (she stopped 14 days before she started drinking, meaning she planned to drink)
Old 03-23-2015, 10:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi mrsefbrown

we really can't give you medical advice here. It's against our rules.
Withdrawal are so individual it's impossible to give guarantees anyway.

If you can afford a Dr that is the safest way to go - she cab get checked out and make sure all is well.

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics - NeedyMeds
The 10377 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
Call 2-1-1

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
D
Old 03-24-2015, 02:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Mrstefbrown
Old 03-24-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Mrstefbrown!!
Old 03-24-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I'm glad you joined us. You'll find lots of support here.