Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Hi! Seeing doctor tmrw because of high blood pressure and elevated enzymes....nervous

Notices

Hi! Seeing doctor tmrw because of high blood pressure and elevated enzymes....nervous

Old 03-23-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Glad result are good. Take this as a blessing and a second chance to run with your luck while your ahead.

Rock on!
Old 03-23-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to hear James. I'm happy you're taking care of yourself.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

James, your post gives me hope. I have been a very heavy drinker for about ten years. Today is my first (of hopefully many) days sober. I have always lied about my drinking and feared my lab results! I haven't been to my DR in a while and should probably plan to go soon and be honest. I am reassured to hear your tale of truth was received so well. I have this fear of being lectured for both the drinking and the lying!
Old 03-23-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family! I'm glad your test results were good. Just stay sober and you should be fine.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you all
Old 03-23-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Komplex View Post
James, your post gives me hope. I have been a very heavy drinker for about ten years. Today is my first (of hopefully many) days sober. I have always lied about my drinking and feared my lab results! I haven't been to my DR in a while and should probably plan to go soon and be honest. I am reassured to hear your tale of truth was received so well. I have this fear of being lectured for both the drinking and the lying!
I hope you made it through the first day of being sober, congrats if you did. In my opinion, the first few days and weeks carry some "bragging rights"(if you will, for lack of a better term), as they are the hardest. Terms like "One day at a time" came from such things.

I completely empathize with the doctor fear. I have hid my drinking for a couple years as "social". It was a flat out lie. The only thing I can say is that whatever damage has been done is done already. Lying about it or avoiding the doctor will not make the damage go away. It is manning up and facing the truth of your actions; that is something I am still struggling with. I need to go for ultrasounds and more tests. I don't want to hear the results, to be honest with you. I am scared to hear the result of my abuse of alcohol......but avoiding it will not change it.

So go see your doctor. You nor I are not the first ones to lie and hide our addiction. Nor are our liver levels going to surprise them, they have seen it all, from good to bad. From fat to thin.

Doctors are there to help us. Nothing changes the damage done to our bodies from the years of abuse. But stopping the abuse does in all cases. Medications and tests doctors give can help us recover
Old 03-23-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey bud,
This is awesome that you're going to the doctor and getting this all on track. I just wanted to chime in one quick thing: you sound really stressed out about your enzyme levels and that can definitely run up your blood pressure by a lot. I had this exact same problem and still do. I get very stressed that my blood pressure will be high and then when I take it, guess what? It's high. However, if I chill out, exercise, get my mind off of it and then take it, it's absolutely fine. I'm even coming off of the meds because I explained to the Dr. that I get "white coat" syndrome and it always gets high at the Drs office. Anyway, just letting you know my experience and maybe it will help. God bless brother
Old 03-23-2015, 11:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Give it 3 months mate, mine were similar to yours. After 3 months of sobriety all were back in normal range.