Notices

Felt my first trigger in 2 months

Old 03-02-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Felt my first trigger in 2 months

A co-worker of mine is 21 years old, and was hospitalized last week with siezures. I went to the hospital to see him today and witnessed him have 6 siezures in less than an hour and watched his mother look at him and cry uncontrollably as doctors told her they dont know whats wrong. As he was having a siezure he would scream this terrible scream and all I could do was wait until he relaxed and hold his hand. I didnt feel the amount of stress the situation was causing me while i was in the hospital, but as soon as I left the urge to want to drink to decompress begam. I went home and read my big book, didnt drink. It is scary to think about where I would be right now had I made a different choice. Thanks everyone!
Old 03-02-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh Clayton! My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and his family tonight.
What a thing to witness! You're in my thoughts tonight, too, my friend. Keep taking care of yourself by guarding your sobriety. You made a very good choice tonight. Well done.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you didn't drink Clayton. I can only imagine how hard it must be for you - but it must be even harder for your friend and his mom.

Be there for them, man.

D

D
Old 03-02-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It was a very sobering (no pun intended) expierence... and on the way home all i could think to myself was, This is what happens in life, and now you have to deal with all the emotions.You can't supress them anymore. I dont get to take the great benefits of beings sober and bypass the bad feelings that come sometimes. One thought that came to my mind was that this young man at no point chose to expierence this and I put my body through hell for a long time and came out of the fire unscathed. I didnt choose to be an alcoholic, but I can choose not to take the first drink.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Keep choosing life, Clayton.