Notices

Starting at 0 agian

Old 03-01-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

....I made it not even 24 hours before I was at it again. March 1st is my new land mark I guess. Sick of being sick
Old 03-01-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope this time you can get sober for good. I hope our support can make a difference in your recovery.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Make this your turning point Jim - got any ideas on a olan?

D
Old 03-02-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LumberjackJim View Post
....I made it not even 24 hours before I was at it again. March 1st is my new land mark I guess. Sick of being sick
Hi LumberjackJim, I feel for ya. We need to break the cycle. We can and we will.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Include me in this club, sorry to say. We have to keep trying. My plans haven't worked so far, guess I just really haven't committed totally. I need to. Today is my new day one, I pray it will be my last. So freakin sick of this.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We're on day 2 now I've made a conscious effort to start taking about not drinking more to the people around me, co-workers, Friends etc. So they will support me and maybe not ask me to go out with them or at the very least eliminate that threat. I'm not literally running through the office screaming "I can't drink!!!! I have an issue" but it's going to be subtle and frequent enough for them the get it. That's my goal for the week.....try to build a foundation where I can succeed. I starting by talking to my co-worker this AN about his weekend and told him, "I was 100% committed to sobriety because of training etc." He thought it was cool.

Honestly, keep posting ideas and thoughts I hope this helps you guys as much as you're helping me.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you for getting to Day 2.

And, I think it's great to ask for support from friends and family members. But, I disagree with talking to coworkers about your alcoholism. There is too much potential for problems.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
But, I disagree with talking to coworkers about your alcoholism. There is too much potential for problems.
Like I mentioned above, it's subtle enough to where it focuses on the reasons for quitting that don't revolve around the word alcoholism. (Example: I start my training program and beer and wine is not in that program OR were gonna have fun at our foundation bowling night buts won't be drinking because of this reprogram I'm on). I appreciate your support Anna I'm using anything possible to set my self up for success
Old 03-02-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can do this Jim!!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

March 1st is a good sobriety date.... march is a month of hope and inspiration... it's a month of renewal.... it's also the month of St. Patrick's Day - so if you can get through that you know you can get through almost anything.....

Hey, don't let it get you down. Use this brief setback as a point of strength and MARCH ON!!!

#soberliferocks