Notices

... but I don't want to !

Old 02-18-2015, 11:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

... but I don't want to !

I told the guy I'm doing some work for that I would be fnishing early because I need to get my ass to a meeting. A bold move, considering I have only worked about 8 hours this week, and am desperate for money. Figured I would get an early meeting in because I don't want o be home too late. And I'm riding on the slippery rollercoaster lately.

However I had a nap instead because I really have no motivation. It's now 6pm and I have time to shower, jump on public transport and make it for an 8pm meeting instead. A bit part of me really just wants to stay home and sleep. But I'm going to take the advice of others (for a change heh heh heh) who say that the times we should REALLY go are the moments when we don't want to. So, I'm off !

Maybe
Old 02-18-2015, 11:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you make it Shamal....nothing changes if nothing changes, right?

D
Old 02-18-2015, 11:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Damn, Im sitting here so unmotivated. This is it. Computer OFF. Shower ON.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Shamal. Prior to falling hard with the booze, I used to exercise a fair bit. I remember that very often I would be thinking "god I don't want to!", though every time I pushed myself and did, I was very glad I did afterwards. Perhaps this is one of those occasions? I hope you make it mate.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can relate to the exercise example, and go further with my own experience, and to learn from it. My experiences with gym membership in the past is that I would be gung ho about it but as soon as I let it lapse its harder to go back. If a month or two passes, its unlikely I would ever return. I see this happening with meetings too. When I slacken off I dont go back as often. And you can guess what tje outcome of that has been

Right now everything is moving very fast before my eyes so I have either fallen from a very tall building or I am on a train. Oh I momentarily stopped, and my limbs are still functioning, so Im definatly on the train !
Old 02-19-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Doing great there Shamal, Let us know how the meeting went...
Old 02-19-2015, 12:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Its a new meeting for me and out of my area. So Im always a bit nervous walking in... still at the early stage where I forget that most venues are always welcoming.