Notices

Valentine's Observations

Old 02-16-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Valentine's Observations

Nice weekend - very nice dinner at local jazz restaurant on Friday night with hubs. We ordered a fine bottle of Perrier and noted that half the tables were only drinking water and soda something I had never noticed before. It must have been an illusion when I thought that everyone drinks. Apparently everyone does not! Even for milestone dinners (we heard 3 rounds of happy birthday throughout dinner) many were not drinking at all.

I have reached the early "due date" for my sobriety. My doc said to not drink for 3 to 6 months and see how I feel. Well 3 months was a few weeks ago. I feel good although I am sleeping a ton. I get very tired in the afternoon and evening. I am going to hold out for 6 months and see how I feel. Then I'm going to probably wait some more and see how I feel. I am tempted to drink and I do not think I would get drunk. But I do not know of course. I feel like a child in that I simply do not know what will happen. Also, I have heard that the longer you don't drink the better physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually that you'll feel. So I want to see if that is true.

On another note some drunk hit my parked car the valentine’s night while it was sitting at my service center lot. The witness says his girlfriend hopped out, yelled at him and then they drove off again. I hope they got home okay.

xoxo 11Stars
Old 02-16-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

why bother drinking again? just a thought

it is amazing noticing that not everyone drinks - what was wrong with them anyhow, I thought everybody drank too!
Old 02-16-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Great job on 3+ Months but im with L why bother drinking again
Old 02-16-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 months, Stars!

Well, there must have been a reason why you decoded to do this experiment with not drinking... why go back and start over with the whole thing at a later time point?

I was always aware that quite a lot of people did not drink, I had a few non-drinker friends and colleagues before. I could just never imagine myself as one of them. I think it's pretty cool in fact, and if one cares about image, I think this is a more interesting one
Old 02-16-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I should clarify. Tempted is too strong of a word. I just want to say "yes". Valentine's night my husband said that he loves their sangria martinis and was I going to drink that night? I said no and that was that. But in that moment I wanted to say yes. Is it the people pleaser in me? I think so.

For example, at a work event after 3 evenings of saying no to fine wines etc I said sure pour me a taste and I let it sit there next to me and didn't drink it. I didn't want to drink it or get drunk. I thought or imagined that it put those around me at ease. Maybe they have issues too? I just wanted to not make a deal about it. This is eye opening.