Notices

Day 5

Old 02-13-2015, 10:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

All is going very well, I'm sticking to my plan and not drinking. Feeling very good after 5 days. I know its early in sobriety and I have a long journey ahead of me but so far so good. I've been going to bed on the early side lately, I am thinking that's a good thing. Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy wealthy and wise. Been feeling great in the morning for a change.

For those following me and my story, I had another post written (to continue my story) but ran into a problems again. Seems to only happen from my laptop while at work. When I try to review or submit a post I get a blank white screen and nothing happens. I posted this problem to the tech forum. It seemed to have gone away but happened again today. I'll try to post it tomorrow. Got home too late to try from my laptop at home this evening.

Will read a bit and then go to sleep.

Night all...
Old 02-13-2015, 10:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job Akiba. Five days is huge actually, because the alcohol is out of your system now. Keep it up!
Old 02-13-2015, 11:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

keep up with the good sleep habits. I had always been interested in healthy living (plant based diet, exercise, sleep) but always said "why bother" since I was drinking anyhow and feeling like crap. for example, what is the point of eating healthy if I only go home and slam down a bottle of wine?

anyhow...one of the big motivators to me drinking was pleasure seeking...so what is awesome is that I found a HUGE motivator for me is really embracing healthy living, like you are getting with better sleep...keep it up...maybe include healthy diet changes and exercise (if you are like me and weren't doing those things...but maybe I am already preaching to the choir)....the reason I say this is because the "feel good" aspects of healthy living (and it really does make you feel incredibly good) is a GREAT replacement for the "feel good" of drinking. it really has satisfied that pleasure seeking aspect to my personality.

its crazy, but a healthy juice, some tea, and a good healthy meal is just as enticing and "feel good" as a bottle of wine used to be!

best of luck my friend!
Old 02-14-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 5 is fantastic Akiba!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 02-14-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Seems to only happen from my laptop while at work. When I try to review or submit a post I get a blank white screen and nothing happens.
It's entirely possible your workplace may have security settings, adblocks, antivirus, do not track software or even site blocks that are preventing you from posting. Or it might be something as simple as old cookies.

Hope you can manage to post from home

D
Old 02-14-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 5 days!
Old 02-14-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 5, great start
Old 02-14-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Nice work on your 5 days Akiba. Glad you've been able to get a good rest.