Notices

The life we love

Old 02-01-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The life we love

After my earlier post in regards to my little relapse I have had lots of thoughts good and bad but my feelings and emotions are really high it's only when you experience the lows you can truly appreciate the things in life that you take for granted. I will from today take time everyday to appreciate things in life no matter how small or relevant and remember when I am sober I can truly love and appreciate things. I have lots to look forward to and memory's to make this can only be achieved sober and I intend on making sure I am. Good luck to me and all here on (SR)
Old 02-01-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well said.

Just having decent food and a roof over my head is plenty enough to make me feel appreciative these days. It's bitter cold here in Canada and there are homeless people struggling.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep patman that's right our little things can be the big things for others. Cold here to in Scotland same issues though,,
Old 02-01-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Aldo!! You can do it!!
Old 02-01-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, aldo. The more time I spend in recovery and in exploring this phase of my life, the more I feel and believe it's the little things that count and make the journey worthwhile. The little things that add together with time and experience, and make things that look and feel as bigger changes, the more we grow into them.

I think that we often get involved with big ideas and big wishes especially when young....which is normal, we would not survive as humans as a species and society if this were not the case. Then with time, we experience setbacks, losses, mistakes, a lot of uncertainty, and then we feel less that we need something "larger than life" to keep us alive and happy, and learn to recognize and appreciate the beauty in the small, everyday things. I think it's a better way to live for a person in recovery because it also imposes less stress on us to try to transcend everything and everyone all the time.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck to you Aldo you can do this