Notices

Replacing alcohol with food?

Old 01-31-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I used to drink about 14-16 bottles of beer a day during a work week just enough to get me tru. about 30 a day in the weekend.
4200 odd calories, In the first 10 days of detox I was just constantly hungry!
Like I could just not shut up my belly. Now 15 days in sobriety I am still a bit hungry, but not as bad. Just eating carrots and apples (cut up) as finger food.
Taking in about 1000 cal a day now, all healthy stuff (with the treat - pizza in the weekend)
I try to ride my MTB as much as possible that burns about 500 cal a ride (1 hour) or just walk the dog.

I am well aware of the fact that my body is craving sugar to replace the hole, I figured that out pretty soon lol.
Need to be healthy and strong.
Miss my family that lives in Holland, I live in Australia, on my own, no friends no partner
Old 02-01-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Stay positive.

Thank you all SO much for your suggestions and support. This weekend I cleared out all of my sugary processed foods (even the oreos!) and did a major food shopping and got fresh fruit and vegetables. I prepped all my food for the week and measured out portions. I also started drinking more tea which is helping me with my sweet cravings. This new diet starts tomorrow... Super Bowl food is just wayyy too tempting :-P
Old 02-01-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I've definitely acquired a sweet tooth since stooping drinking but I'm going to the gym as much as my schedule will allow. Most days if possible and the endorphins seem to be really helping my mood.