second failure

Old 01-22-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sending you support and positive thoughts...xo
Old 01-22-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by methodman1019 View Post
Hi NeedChange,

I'm sorry you're struggling. You're right, nothing easy about breaking this addiction, might be the hardest thing you've ever done.

Besides the mental obsession, it's important to realize it's an ingrain habit. Breaking these chains requires a break from the normal. That includes reaching out before you take the action, or do something (anything) other than the thing you always do. Buying NA beer is just the type thing that keeps you doing the same thing, feeding the habit/obsession. Try something completely different. When I first got sober, I would do anything (walking, browsing the shopping mall, or perusing the bookstore) besides going home.

All the best,
Methodman
This is very true! I just had to admit that unless there was a reason I needed to go to a function etc, that my habit of going to the pub after work was just not going to happen anymore! I tried to carry on going to the pub in my first attempts and I just slipped right back. Avoid that shop after work!
Old 01-23-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Originally Posted by NEEDCHANGE38 View Post
Today i will grab a soda from the machine after work, then head to a 6:30 AA meeting. i do want this !
Hey How did last night go? Hope you are well!