Notices

I think I'm at the beginning

Old 08-10-2004, 07:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think I'm at the beginning

I've been using Crystal Meth for about 8 weeks now. I had used it a time or two before but never really liked it much. I had been a cocain addict previous but had stopped heavy use for about a year, I would use occassionally but nothing like before. I had a significant other that motivated me to stop but as soon as we split up, within hours, I was using again. That's when I was introduced to smoking Ice. I've basically been high for the last 4 weeks. I've lost 30 lbs which I'm loving, but i also pick at my legs so i'm starting to look like a freak. I ran out this past Friday and had no funds to replenish my supply. Anyway, on Sunday I couldn't even walk from one end of my apt. to the other. It was very scary. Yesterday was a little better and I ate everything I could get my hands on, especially sweets and so today I'm a little more functional. I don't really know why I'm posting this or if anyone out there really even cares, I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has been here before. What kind of road lies ahead of me? I'm not going to lie and say I'm going to stop, I'm sure as soon as it's available to me again I'll be firing up the torch. I do feel thankful that I came through this fairly unscathed, at least it appears so now. My thoughts are still pretty foggy and I'm not sure I'm making since so I must apologize, I just want to talk to someone who has been in my shoes before.

Thanks!

Lonely and Confused
Old 08-10-2004, 08:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I'm Moon and I'm an addict. Yes, I've been in your shoes before. It was easier for me to stay abstinent when I was broke. But, the minute I got some money, it was off to the races. I belong to NA, it has saved my life. I have a year clean today in recovery, which is a miracle. Up until the last two months of my active addiction I would use for 3 or 4 days straight then recoup for 4 or 3 days. That last two months I used every single day. I used a drug you mentioned every single day. If you want to stay clean, if you want to go somewhere, where people love you unconditionally, where we resurrect people from the dead, you will get to a meeting. www.na.org . This fellowship has saved my life, I'm clean one more day today.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for your response. Congratulations on being clean for a year. I noticed youi refrained from using specific language when it came to the name of the drug, is there something I should know? Thanks.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i was you. i know how you feel. you need to talk?
angelwings
Old 08-11-2004, 12:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi... and welcome to SoberRecovery. I was in your shoes not too long ago. And I remember it vividly. There is some good news... you don't have to use.
Please visit the NA website that Moontime posted... and try to find some meetings. There are people there that care... as do we. I am glad to found us... and I hope you keep coming around... and keep posting.