Notices

Just feel worthless

Old 01-17-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi anewday! Sorry I'm just now seeing this! I'm so glad you're here and back in the fight!
You deserve a life free of the bondage of booze! Remember that when your AV starts that 'your worthless' crap! Remember it's a liar and a thief.
Love and hugs coming your way!
Old 01-17-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I met someone with a couple of decades of sobriety who told me the value of "putting off" drinking. He said that when he struggled with the idea of going out drinking, he would tell himself that, if he felt the same way in 24 hours, he would revisit the issue.

I've gotten through a few intense cravings/obsessions by simply saying "well, maybe... but not today." Inevitably, I'd gain some clear-headedness before 24 hours had passed.

Maybe this trick can help you, too. The AV is a serious creature, but - like ScottFromWI said - it's a master of BS.

Good luck!
Old 01-17-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Alcoholism is not just about drinking alcohol and bad stuff happening.

If it was, then you would be great so long as you don't drink.

But you pick up the first drink stone cold sober.

Which would point towards a sober living problem as much as an alcohol problem.

Which is why step one says "powerless over alcohol" and unmanageable life.

Two separate issues.

You can get a new manager by taking the steps IMHO.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You're important to us here - and we believe in you ANewDay. This can be done! Never stop trying for a better life.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi!
Keep trying always! It'll stick!
Xoxo
Old 01-18-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You are not worthless, just afflicted by a disease you didn't choose to have! One that wants to keep us its slave, feeling worthless, etc. All freakin lies, but it knows how to get into our minds, and use all that to get what it wants. We must fight hard against it! Anyway we can.

Don't ever give up. You will find your way. It may not happen as soon as you want, but I truly believe it will happen. Try different recovery methods, use every tip and trick suggested to you. Just never, ever give up the fight. That's when you will lose.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support everyone – I am feeling a lot better today and I am determined to give this another shot. I am writing out my goals, and planning for the future.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey Hunni I've 'failed' time and time again, never even getting to day 3! I'm now on day 8 and I KNOW this is it this time! I didn't believe I'd ever do it. If you never do day one you'll never get to day 7, a month, a year. Everyone keeps telling me take one day at a time and that's helped so much. Thinking of 2 weeks time is scary but each day is a day further than if you didn't try!
Put every bit of strength you have into this and focus on just not drinking today!! Post here and ride the cravings. It's hard and you know it's hard but it's also entirely possible! There's lots of people here proof of that and none are any stronger than you! You have the strength in you and you CAN do this!!!! Good luck xx
Old 01-18-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Good to hear NewDay

Get after it my friend!
Old 01-18-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

NYC, Hang in there - it definitely will get better. I found SR & AA about 78 days ago as I was beat to hell by alcohol - again. In just a few days my life started getting better - waaaay better now after a few months of sobriety. I got an AA sponsor and am working the steps. It works ! You can do this too !!!
Old 01-18-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome NYC
Old 01-18-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by ANewDayNYC View Post
Thanks for the support everyone – I am feeling a lot better today and I am determined to give this another shot. I am writing out my goals, and planning for the future.
Hang in there NYC . Thinking of you! You *can* do it hun.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

You are NOT worthless. Each of us has inherent worth as a human being. Remember that when your AV wants to lie to you.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:07 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Don't give up! I can't tell you how many "hopeless" situations turned around for the better. Nothing works until somehow, some way something works.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post

You can write the ending to the story however you like. Your AV/addiction would love for you to think that you'll go back to drinking in a couple weeks, and that's exactly what it's trying to do. See if for the BS that it really is though.

Perhaps it is not that you aren't trying hard enough, but that you aren't trying the right thing. You wouldn't be here posting if the desire to be sober wasnt inside you...harness it and start again.
Exactly