Notices

Dozen times trying to remain dry, dozen fails

Old 01-16-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

I see 17 replies in this thread (to this point) and not a single one has mentioned AA. You have a very serious problem with alcohol and you need all the help you can get. It's time to find some meetings and make it part of your plan to stay sober. Not just for you, but for everyone in your family. Sorry to be blunt, but that's how I see it.

I wish you all the best.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well done for going two days!! You CAN do this! When the drink has such a hold unfortunately it becomes more important than anything but u have such an amazing reason to focus on when the cravings hit. Keep posting x
Old 01-17-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I agree with awuh1, this is serious and needs a serious plan. You don't have time to mess around with relapses as another life is at stake. AA, inpatient, outpatient with AA, some plan that will give you both support and accountability. Your baby, your children, your health are at risk. Grab onto to every lifeline tossed your way.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by idaten05 View Post
Thank you everyone for your comments. I do regularly see my obgyn and I have an appt next week. I need the harshness and the concerns hand in hand. I will not give exuses for my behaviors and I am woman enough to admit my faults. I thought I'd try something new this time to help me find and except my life in sobriety. I dont agree with the child abuse comment for I do know it could be a potential danger to my child but that is why I'm reaching out for support to help with something that has such a grip on me at times that I dont even understand. Please keep the comments comimg it really does help.

My comments still stand as it is abuse without a softer meaning. My wife was a nurse for 12 years at an inner city hospitals maternity unit and the results on children from drinking/drugging mothers are horrendous. Do a search on the effects.

When you have your Dr. appointment try to be totally honest with him/her.

Sorry but this post put me in a rage I haven’t experienced in a long time, probably because I’ve been around for a long time and seen so much of the wreckage alcohol has, will cause.

BE WELL
Old 01-17-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I would go to a women's meeting and raise your hand when asked if there are any newcomers. You will be welcomed and get lots of attention and hopefully a phone list as it is tradition almost everywhere. Talking to another alcoholic is always helpful when the idea of a drink comes out of nowhere (and they do for 20 yr veterans too). Posting on SR has the same effect for me but sometimes I need FtoF. You know the leers you would get at a mixed meeting and it's sad even we can be so critical. The reason we are here is because alcohol trumps reason in all of us and not one can say they didn't compromise their own principals every time they drank and very often hurt themselves and others in this pursuit. I especially like the "I never drove drunk". Good for you. I gotta commend you on your courage to post. You really want this. You can do it!