Notices

What am I doing tonight

Old 01-01-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys and gals and everyone in between

Last edited by Aellyce; 06-13-2021 at 04:19 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by haennie View Post
Jennie, sorry for being confusing, it was just an allergic reaction. The depression thing was just an association, I saw a very heartbreaking case coming in...

I was 100% fine soon after I got treated. But it's scary as hell and surely does not make one look pretty in a party dress. I was very mean to the guy who drove me to the hospital from the party, though: he wanted to take me to the nearest ER but I insisted to go to "mine" (the hospital where I work). Interesting experience in a way and something I've learned about myself... seems like if I were to die, I would want to "do it" somewhere I feel like home and I would be very aggressive about it, if I had a choice...

I did stay in the ER for the night, though; not as a patient but observing and helping. They let me. One of the psychiatrists (he specializes in addictions) I used to collaborate with in a project was working there this NYE, and he let me assist somewhat, besides just being there as an observer. I had to change into scrubs of course to do this

Oh my... the "stories" I could see first hand this night... Alcohol and drug OD cases included of course. I had this thought before when I was in the ER, that too bad I did not become a doctor, I would probably like to work in an ER or anywhere that's intense like that and requires fast decisions... Well nice idea but in reality I may be a bit too eccentric for that in reality. Maybe not, who knows. I do tend to be calm and my mind often becomes crystal clear in emergencies; I love the feeling and the ability to handle such situations quite well.

Anyhow, it's weird but this was probably the most interesting NYE I've had in my life so far. And who could ever predict it? I just came home, tired for sure, but I feel like I could go back there after a little nap right away. Maybe in a next life (I become an ER doctor)

So this is a weird way (I've always been known as a little weird, so it suits me), ...
Happy 2015 to Everyone here!
I'm glad you're okay. Sounds like you had an interesting evening!
Old 01-01-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Haennie, come on down here and I'll make ya some delicious Gar balls and Grinnel steaks, Happy New Year.