Notices

I hope he is for real....

Old 12-29-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

I hope he is for real....

I haven't posted about this because, well, I am skeptical. Since I stopped drinking I think I have sparked something in my husband. I have noticed that although he is still drinking, it is significantly less. He has also been talking about quitting all together after New Years & taking up exercising.

I am thrilled he wants to quit drinking & exercise. That way we can keep each other accountable with the exercise & replace our unhealthy habits with healthy ones. BUT (& yes there is one) he has tried quitting before & barely lasted 2 days.

Last night, he was talking to one of his friends & I over heard him say that I quit drinking & that he was going to quit too. He then talked about how he was going to exercise more.

I truly hope he is for real this time. I would love nothing more than to start getting hot with my husband. So wish us luck that he sticks through with it. I am so excited at the thought of him not drinking, but I am also scared he will fail just like other times.

Thanks for listening...
Monica
Old 12-29-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

awesome!

for now, focus on your own sobriety and try not to have expectations on what he does or doesn't do.

hugs and love to you
Old 12-29-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
awesome!

for now, focus on your own sobriety and try not to have expectations on what he does or doesn't do.

hugs and love to you
Yeah, I'm still focusing on my own recovery. I just truly hope he stops drinking, I worry about his health.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

See what you've gone and started? I'm kinda kidding but not really. Wired mag did a cluster graph showing how folks are influenced by an acquaintance quitting smoking a while back. Interesting picture of how 1 person influences many by doing. You're a doer JT.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudgin

That's awesome!
I found either way - if someone became sober or did not, I couldn't let others effect my sobriety and journey.

Keep being a positive influence - Great post!
Old 12-29-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi JT, I wish you luck but like Sugarbear said, focus on you and your recovery and hope your husband follows along. Be prepared for you if he doesn't quit. I know the situation of trying to quit when your spouse is still out there drinking. My husband was still drinking and using when I quit and it was tough. I gave up expectations because I couldn't worry about him at the time as it would only make me crazy. It took me kicking him out of the house for a few really unacceptable things and not caring what happened to our relationship for him to get sober. I don't think your situation is that drastic but I put my recovery first and that is what measures I had to take to do so.

Focus on you and hope he follows along. Hang in there.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thats awesome JT sounds like your his inspiuration

keep inspiring