Notices

Be thankful

Old 12-25-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Be thankful

“Would you like your daily life to be more enjoyable? Would you like more things to go your way? Do you want to get ahead and make things happen more quickly for you? If you answered yes to these three questions there is definitely something you can do to put you on the right track.

Fill your day with gratitude and appreciation. When you are thankful for everything it is as magic happens. You transform. You rise above the storms and you get free. You are not tethered to disappointing results and outcomes because each has something in it you can learn from. Each disapointment has something you can ultimately benefit from if you will examine it with an open mind. In order to do this you need to be grateful.

When you are in a constant state of gratitude it is transformative. You energy is cleaner, freer, more positive. You are positively charged. You feel lighter, happier, healthier! When you live like this you are able to make things happen much more easily. You think better and are able to recognize opportunity more quickly.

For decades I have recommended that people make a least of 25 thing they are grateful for each night before bed. It is a great practice and it is an exercise. Like attracts like so the more thankful happy thoughts you find the more you will get. Before long you are predominantly living from appreciation.

The point of it is to learn to recognize all the things you are grateful that may not be obvious to you right at first. The over all point is to live with gratitude during the day, moment to moment, not just before bed. At least the exercise is a start. Do it and you will be amazed.

Be thankful! Be truly thankful for everything and you will transform and you will transform your life!” Rex Sikes
Old 12-25-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I recently had a "grateful" experience that filled me with joy I haven't felt since I was a kid. I was driving and the sun was setting (one of the fab sunsets we get here in Texas) and I just felt like all was right with the world. Very rare moment I will treasure.

When I think of the suffering around the world and I feel so very blessed.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Amen
Old 12-25-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post Captain!!
Old 12-25-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Captain. I am always grateful for your posts.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Cap i do this mentally throughout the day

Merry christmas Cap
Old 12-25-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Capn,

Nice thread. So much of our lives are determined by our outlook on our lives. When you are thankful and positive, you become more thankful and positive and it wears out the negative feelings of others and ourselves. Personally when I start being unthankful, I spend a night outside in the cold. Sounds dumb, but you really appreciate things like a hot shower, a bed, warm room etc, after a night on the ground with a sleeping bag.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks, Captain. That's a good thought for today.

For everyday, really.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Thank you Captain.

I know I am blessed in my life, and have been selfish and ungrateful for a long time.

Thank you for the suggestion of a nightly gratitude list, that's a really good idea