Notices

blew 120 days

Old 12-24-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

blew 120 days

So alcohol ruined a relationship i was in and when we broke up i decided to get sober, and after 120 days this girl who i really like invited me to watch a movie with her. She was drinking some wine and i thought to myself, why the hell cant i have a glass of wine to? What am i going to tell her if i dont drink? that im an alcoholic ? so i drank and was off to the races..... woke up the next moring and havent was just as bad as i was 4 months ago
Old 12-24-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Clayton. Sometime we need a reminder of why picking up even one drink is not a option. 120 days is a great achievement, what were you doing during that time to work on your sobriety? Whatever it was, build on it and add to it if necessary. You made a mistake, simply learn from it and move forward.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

meetings and working out....... talking to my sponser and lots of reading.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Step forward, Clayton, with 120 days plus 1, plus 2 . . .

Learn from this mistake. Learn from failed relationships. But move forward. Make this event a mere blip your radar screen.

Merry Christmas, Clayton.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Many people don't drink, not because they are alcoholic but because they just don't drink, whether it's religious reasons or personal choice, and those people don't stress over having a non alcoholic drink at weddings, birthdays, Xmas etc, the word "alcoholic" doesn't have to come into the conversation at any stage.

Go at things again!! You can do this!!
Old 12-24-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That would have been a tough situation. I've had the same thing happen and taken that drink, too. Felt like you did the next day, and it was off to the races for me, too.
You had some good sobriety. You made a mistake and you're taking action to learn from it, so good for you.
Best to you.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Welcome back Clayton. Sometime we need a reminder of why picking up even one drink is not a option. 120 days is a great achievement, what were you doing during that time to work on your sobriety? Whatever it was, build on it and add to it if necessary. You made a mistake, simply learn from it and move forward.
This
Old 12-24-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

We all think we can dance with the devil until the day when we except the fact we can't. I was powerless over alcohol and my life became unmanageable