Notices

24 up, 24 down I lose.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Children never listen to anything their parents say or ignore anything their parents do. Is this the lesson you would have your daughter learn: if it's really difficult, just give up on yourself.

I think not.

All of us against the addiction. Stop capitulating and get back into the fight. Help is available - make the call.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
All the addicts in the house, please raise your hands. . . . . .

Jeremy, this is a House of Addicts. We get it - and understand all the shame, hopelessness, fear, desolation and self-loathing that goes with it.

And, as experienced addicts, we recognize when someone is in over their heads - when they have to let go and let someone else.

Go to the ER, Jeremey. Make that your first step. Then go to rehab. Some time ago, Anna suggested Salvation Army; you felt the commitment was too long. I believe it is what you need. In my heart, I believe it could be not only life-saving but life-changing for you.

Come on, Jeremy; take the steps that will save you.

Jeremy, please read this over & over again. You are not a loser. You deserve to live a satisfying life. We care about you, so keep coming back.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Jeremy!

Just thinking of you, I'm new here and struggling too, I've had a couple relapses too, this is much harder than I anticipated.
You can do this, keep trying as many times as you have too, it'll stick eventually.
Xoxo
Old 12-18-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi TDG.

Yours were the first postings i read DAILY when i first really started to stop drinking months ago.

You were upbeat and excited about finally stopping drinking...You were passionate and helpful and through your ACTIONS you showed me that i could stop drinking if i took it ONE day at a Time.

I'm 77 days sober today...And truth be told i would not be HERE now and SOBER if it wasn't for your contributions to SR...SR has proved a pivotal part of my recovery and YOU are part of SR. To say you don't matter is absolutely 100% false.

You've made a difference in my sobriety. I'm sorry your suffering again...But look at it...You made it 24 days. You did NOT drink.

That didn't kill you. You don't NEED alcohol to survive.

Turn it around TDG. While you still can.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I may not be an active poster but I have read your posts and have followed you closely. Thinking of you and sending prayers your way. Stay strong, please don't give up.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

alrighty then. full disclosure.

i am an alcoholic. i lost my daughter, my job, my marriage and my home.

i have Borderline Personality Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder with suicidal ideation. also anxiety, a little agoraphobia and panic attacks.

alcohol so very, VERY nearly killed me. at the time, i wanted it to. suicide attempts had failed and led to time on the psych ward. AA wouldn't stick. i had nothing, and my pity party went on for weeks. my sister called the police to come check on me as she was so frightened that, whilst drunk, i would kill myself.

there was no life for me without alcohol. at all. i couldn't stop.

until i did. i am 8 months sober next week.

we are all addicts. we all have our demons, our struggles. i stopped drinking in April. i'm glad to be alive these days. i still have all my issues, but i'm not adding a layer of chaos by drinking constantly.

if i can do this, you can do this. call an ambulance, get detoxed, get stable on your meds if you have them. and then work your ******* butt off to make this stick.

be well.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

For once in your life, let someone help you. It's just a phone call away. The ER is a good place to start, it's not as scary as you think. Just like others here I have also been to the ER as well as inpatient. We were embarrassed, ashamed, and afraid. But we've made it. You can too. C'mon buddy, give it a chance. We're here for ya.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

" I am unlike many on SR, we all know I've played this game for months. I liked inpatient at the mental hospital, but refuse to take advice. I think I have all the answers, I've learned I don't know anything."

Welp, here's something I think that may be leading you to believe you are not like many on here: how often to you honestly visit other threads and read through them? How often have you just sat back and read others peoples' experience in a thread other than yours?

I spent a LOT of years stuck in terminal uniqueness. NOBODY had EVER been in my shoes!!!
Then the gift of desperation was given to me and I ended up in AA. Going to meetings and listening to others......wouldn't ya know it, there wasn't crap unique about me and my thinkin!!!! But something else very vital for me:
I didn't want to be who I had become any more and became willing to do whatever I had to do get away from the man I was.
This is a lil something from one of the cofounders of AA, experienced and written over 75 years ago:

No words can tell of the loneliness and despair I found in that bitter morass of self-pity. Quicksand stretched around me in all directions. I had met my match. I had been overwhelmed. Alcohol was my master.

Trembling, I stepped from the hospital a broken man. Fear sobered me for a bit. Then came the insidious insanity of that first drink, and on Armistice Day 1934, I was off again. Everyone became resigned to the certainty that I would have to be shut up somewhere, or would stumble along to a miserable end. How dark it is before the dawn! In reality that was the beginning of my last debauch. I was soon to be catapulted into what I like to call the fourth dimension of existence. I was to know happiness, peace, and usefulness, in a way of life that is incredibly more wonderful as time passes.

Yu can read more of it in the big book of alcoholics anonymous.

I've been to dual diagnosis meetings of AA. They have been very good for me to see firsthand people who stopped letting alcohol and their mental disorders control them.

There have been many,many people here who have played the same game you are. It's Russian roulette. There's Many who are clean and sober today and there's others....well... Hard saying where they are.

Jeremy,you say you don't take advise but don't know anything. Ya know what will help??
A huge honkin dose of humility.
The balls in your court.youve been hurting a lot of people with your actions.your wife and daughter???? I can only imagine.
The world for them would be awesome if husband and daddy got his ass to rehab/ inpatient( with no excuses why long term isnt possible because you've proven it is) and do it NOW.
Ya gotta lotta people here that have HOPE for ya, but all the hope we have won't do any good. Get some hope and humility for yerself and get into action.
Yer worth it and so are your wife and daughter.

P.S. I started a thread some time ago about a friend of mine,thom. I am still in contact with his son occasionally. Thommy jr may not recover from his dads suicide. He's very P.O. ed at his dad for doing what he did.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Drop the rock, swim to the boat!
We can't do it for you........

hope you find some measure of peace, friend.

FlyN
Old 12-18-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Please don't leave J. Your life is far from over. Things can still improve and be better than ever. I don't say this lightly - alcohol ruled my world for almost 30 yrs., and I got free. You can do it too. I will continue to pray for you.