Notices

15 Days

Old 12-14-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face 15 Days

Hi im new to all of this, giving up drinking especially,I have been drinking since I was 16 I am now 28 and I was really responsible, too responsible in fact i got good at hiding the problem, I could party all night and get up and go to work like it was nothing, Until 15 days ago I woke up and I was bored of the party, I have gone 15 days and have found so many positives about not drinking. My senses have heightened (can smell everything!) so much energy to burn, lot more focused, patient and more happier. Until today... feeling extra sensitive as I dont think people understand how hard it is to give up drinking. I have a couple of friends that are as bad as me, but they love the lifestyle and want to remain in that lifestyle which is fine by me. I mean the friends that have no idea the emotions that I am feeling at this time, and to realize 6 months or a month may go by it does not mean im forever sober, its not something that you can just get rid of, so when I have a bad day, I do not know where to turn too. I found this page :-) I know this is the best decision for me.. and I know they will soon realize how hard I am working on this and maybe one day learn sobriety is not something people do for fun. Just venting cause I am fueled with emotion wish I had someone to share this journey with...
Old 12-14-2014, 10:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
OX

Lots of people here to share the journey. Really nice folks here and tons of support. Welcome
Old 12-14-2014, 10:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome here. Sobriety can be hard work and this site is full of people who understand that from personal experience. Congrats on 15 days - that's a great achievement.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

It's so important to have people in your corner who understand what this is like. So many of us on here go through that hard emotional stage after quitting. It's a big challenge, but in my own experience and in talking to others, I see that it does improve if you hang in there. There are lots of people here who totally get it and want to help. Congrats on 15 days!
Old 12-14-2014, 11:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks!

Feel the support already! so glad i found this site. :-)
Old 12-15-2014, 03:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 15 Trinah
Old 12-15-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Trinah

D
Old 12-15-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Well done Trinah. Finding SR was a great day for me too.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

15 days is amazing xxx
Old 12-16-2014, 12:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm glad you found us too, Trinah!
Old 12-16-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I always said I would give up when I was 30.. im glad I got their a lot earlier, diabetes run in my family and although I am active I want to be good to my body before its too late, I can taste food a lot better now! its a lifetime battle we are all dealing with like obesity amongst other things. I want to still remain being social all the other times I gave up (tried) I purposely avoided situations with alcohol to protect myself.. something different about this time I feel I can be around an alcohol situation. I know if it gets to hard for me I will up and leave. Yesterday I just felt anger for some reason! had to turn to my dad for a good laugh and chat. and of course log on here :-) Thanks guys! much appreciated.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Trinah View Post
Hi im new to all of this, giving up drinking especially,I have been drinking since I was 16 I am now 28 and I was really responsible, too responsible in fact i got good at hiding the problem, I could party all night and get up and go to work like it was nothing, Until 15 days ago I woke up and I was bored of the party, I have gone 15 days and have found so many positives about not drinking. My senses have heightened (can smell everything!) so much energy to burn, lot more focused, patient and more happier. Until today... feeling extra sensitive as I dont think people understand how hard it is to give up drinking. I have a couple of friends that are as bad as me, but they love the lifestyle and want to remain in that lifestyle which is fine by me. I mean the friends that have no idea the emotions that I am feeling at this time, and to realize 6 months or a month may go by it does not mean im forever sober, its not something that you can just get rid of, so when I have a bad day, I do not know where to turn too. I found this page :-) I know this is the best decision for me.. and I know they will soon realize how hard I am working on this and maybe one day learn sobriety is not something people do for fun. Just venting cause I am fueled with emotion wish I had someone to share this journey with...
I'm in the same boat as you. Except I'm just three days in. I plan on going to an AA meeting tomorrow. Hopefully, I meet some people there that get me and could understand the struggle of how important it is to keep from drinking. My emotions would border on bi-polarity when drunk and that is something I do not care to partake in. So, I recognize I need help.

Good luck to you.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Welcome, Trinah ,and congratulations on 15 days, that is awesome
Old 12-16-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Trinah!!
Old 12-16-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChgoReason View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. Except I'm just three days in. I plan on going to an AA meeting tomorrow. Hopefully, I meet some people there that get me and could understand the struggle of how important it is to keep from drinking. My emotions would border on bi-polarity when drunk and that is something I do not care to partake in. So, I recognize I need help.

Good luck to you.
GOOD luck to you as well! your so right no one needs that going on aye! hope you find some people at your AA meetings also you have us :-)
Old 12-16-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

15 days is fabulous Trinah. We all understand how hard it is to let go of it. You're never alone. Glad to have you with us.