Notices

The gift of a chance for myself

Old 11-27-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The gift of a chance for myself

Has anyone ever made a million mistakes and realized you still have a
chance? I had a lot of thinking time over the last couple of days while I was literally commited and realized I still have a chance! Wow, what miracle that you can do so much wrong, but still make the right decision here and now. Such a powerful inspiration grand feeling... Say it with me, I can make the right decision here and now today, and that decision can change my life for the better. Yeah, yeah, theoretical BS right, but you know its still true. So after being committed, and going forward I carry that thought. Today, right here, right now, this minute, this very moment I can affect positive change in my life and make a positive decision and that my friends, if I choose to make the right decision could quite honestly save this alcoholic screw ups life. Most definitely because the past is gone, but the future still exist.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a lot of us have realised that, no matter what happened in the past, we still have a change to get things right

It may not be a particularly easy road Jeremy, at least for a while, but as long as you keep walking forwards and hold your well being as a sacred and precious thing, you'll be ok
Old 11-27-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

as easy as it sounds Dee it took the police a medical hold placed on me and forced right decisions for 3 days. Holy whatever, I have mind, can make decisions, and make the right decisions and in 3 short days got sober, didn't smoke, and fixed many of my mental issues.

Yeah, I am riding the high of some short terms goals, but gotta seize this moment.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

[QUOTE=Thatdeliveryguy;5044001]if I choose to make the right decision it could quite honestly save this alcoholic's life..[/QUOTE

You said it
Old 11-27-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Interesting J, I was having a conversation with my sister earlier and we talked about dumb and dumber. I said I still use that line from the movie... What are my chances, one in a million? Yeah, one in a million is about right. Well at least I got a chance.
Use this chance. Use this opportunity. One thing I'm concerned about is that you are already high fiving yourself on getting things fixed. You are not fixed, you are on a temporary reprieve. Don't mean to seem harsh, but I've seen it before. Please, continue forward and follow through with all that is available to you. Love You dude.
Make us all proud!
Old 11-27-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ditto what Brain said. Once I went through detox I thought that I was alright. I had it nailed. I was never going to drink again. But detox is only part of the story. It's just the beginning. I had to follow through with the suggestions made to me. Please, please follow the suggestions. You may not like them all but please follow through.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You sound great...
Don't let anything break your resolve...TDG....no matter how hard or how much pressure
or what gets thrown at you...tell yourself, no not this time,... this time I am going forward
and changing everything that kept and keeps me stuck in my addictions...

You are an intelligent guy with a great future, don't let alcohol and gambling take that away from you...
Old 11-27-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good luck TDG. You are still in my prayers. Just take everything one day, on ehour, one minute, one second at a time! (((Hug)))
Old 11-28-2014, 01:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awesome, TDG! There's a lot at stake but I think you're on the right track. Stick to the path and listen to the docs!
Old 11-28-2014, 02:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Good to see you back, J, I've been thinking about you , wondering if you are ok.

Making the right decision is true, as you say, and seizing the moment , yeah, absolutely, good for you,

So would you now consider a longer inpatient if it is needed, considering how positive you are after three days of sobriety and medical help and (presumably) taking your meds as well ?

I don't think it's helpful to think of yourself as a screw up - you're an alcoholic with mental health problems, just like me and many others here. You have a future where you can make amends for the past and build a new life for yourself.

I know I speak for everyone when I say it's very good to see you being positive, J.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just checking in on a new day Jeremy. Are you getting prepared to go to inpatient treatment?
Old 11-28-2014, 04:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Il second that Jeremy i hope you follow through you can do this