Notices

Hangover feelings

Old 11-27-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hangover feelings

How long does this hangover feeling take to pass this is the longest I have been sober in years, Day 4 going on 5,

I feel worse as when I was drinking everyday….

I hope it gets better …

They say it can take weeks or months
Old 11-27-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

5 days is really something to be proud of.

But your body needs time to heal and recover. Everyone is different.
For me learning pstience is key. I always want everything right way.

Be kind to yourself, eat well, excersise and sleep. Cat naps are a wonderful thing for me.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Azza well done on day 4/5

Youl start feeling better soon enough stick close to SR and ask for help if you start to struggle

As pk says 'get that 2nd opinion'
Old 11-27-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lots of green tea! And healthy food, that always helps me
Old 11-27-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi azza

It could take me anything from 3 days to a week or more to feel ok so you're well within the parameters...but if you're worried go see your local doctor maybe?

D
Old 11-27-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
5 days is really something to be proud of.

But your body needs time to heal and recover. Everyone is different.
For me learning pstience is key. I always want everything right way.

Be kind to yourself, eat well, excersise and sleep. Cat naps are a wonderful thing for me.
i relate to the cat naps they help lot.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi azza

It could take me anything from 3 days to a week or more to feel ok so you're well within the parameters...but if you're worried go see your local doctor maybe?

D
Just got a new job, and seeing docs tomorrow so things are falling back into place, i know things takes time, sucks but thats life.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just hang in there and it will get better soon. This is why so many of us can't do it...because the beginning is so hard. I remember thinking, if I was going to feel this horrible, I might as well drink. But all of a sudden. ..you will start feeling better.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job on 5 days! Hydrate! Try downloading the free app "water logged" and try to hit a goal of 128 ounces per day. I've been doing it and my body, mind and skin are feeling great. More energy and less pain and grogginess. Keep it up!
Old 11-27-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Soon enough. Well done on five days. That's great. I could never string together a couple of days at first but then gradually, one day at a time, I did. Drink a lot of water. Listen to your body. It will tell you what it needs, and listen unless it says have a drink. If it says it's tired, take a nap. If you are feeling anxious, slow down, take a deep breath and avoid caffeine. Make sure you eat because a lot of times our bodies mistake hunger and thirst for cravings for alcohol. And take it easy. There isn't any rush, really. It took years to drink ourselves into alcoholism. A week is a pretty fine start.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Soon enough. Well done on five days. That's great. I could never string together a couple of days at first but then gradually, one day at a time, I did. Drink a lot of water. Listen to your body. It will tell you what it needs, and listen unless it says have a drink. If it says it's tired, take a nap. If you are feeling anxious, slow down, take a deep breath and avoid caffeine. Make sure you eat because a lot of times our bodies mistake hunger and thirst for cravings for alcohol. And take it easy. There isn't any rush, really. It took years to drink ourselves into alcoholism. A week is a pretty fine start.
Oh damn, caffeine is what i been using alot like pre workout powders with heaps of caffeine.. oops no wonder I feel worse… Im drinking water atm but.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Abella25

I applaud you for going that long. It's tough, but once you pass the hump, you'll feel great.
Hangovers are the worst.
Just nourish your body with good things. Also, distract yourself as much as you can.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abella25 View Post
I applaud you for going that long. It's tough, but once you pass the hump, you'll feel great.
Hangovers are the worst.
Just nourish your body with good things. Also, distract yourself as much as you can.
Yep this is my longest ever, I have had 2 days off here and there a couple years back… But since 2008 i have drank almost everyday, wasted so much time, I been the most productive in years in last day or so lol. its good feeling to be honest.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Abella25

I've also familiarized myself with "one day at a time.."
Hated it before....but I do find meaning with it now.
You may go one, two, or three days without....that's an accomplishment. Even if I can't go a week, should be proud of the days I didn't use.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

The last time I drank I was hungover for a week, as strange as that sounds. I specifically remembering getting stressed out at work and sweating heavily (like when I was drinking everyday). I was shocked. What the heck? I felt like dirt for a week. No puking or anything, just an anxious sweaty mess.

That's what keeps me sober: remembering the hangovers. Mine had turned into weeklong nightmares. I will say again that I found this baffling. I had never heard of weeklong hangovers but yeah, they exist! Don't drink anymore and you'll never have to feel this way again.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:55 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I guess what I was describing was really just withdrawals. I had started the daily withdrawals a few years before I stopped. Hangover? Withdrawal? The lines started to blur!
Old 11-28-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Oh, that coffee....

I am on Day 3 and I feel achy and flu-like. I have had way too much coffee already. But water seems to help and so do the fizzy vitamin drinks that come in little packets. I relate to your hangover feelings. For me, I am grateful that the temporary discomfort I am having is the detox effect and not the misery of a binge.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beach20 View Post
I am on Day 3 and I feel achy and flu-like. I have had way too much coffee already. But water seems to help and so do the fizzy vitamin drinks that come in little packets. I relate to your hangover feelings. For me, I am grateful that the temporary discomfort I am having is the detox effect and not the misery of a binge.
Yep, i just had the docs prescribe me campral it has been working wonders for cravings still tired but on day 6 today my record!!!!
Old 11-28-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on six days sober!