Notices

I felt so strong, but this

Old 11-26-2014, 10:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
getting there

I love seeing Pacific Northwesterners on here! Happy sober Thanksgiving to everyone... we can do this!
Old 11-27-2014, 12:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MissOverIt View Post
Ok, dumped it and I have no more booze or friends. This is how it goes.
I was losing friends because of the booze!! We don't have Thanksgiving in New Zealand, so I'm not sure what it's like, but I'm sending my thoughts your way and wishing you a safe and sober holiday
Old 11-27-2014, 12:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry kids, I did everything and am now slipping. The holidays really **** with me. My son is gone with his ****** dad. Now I have to go to my mom's tomorrow. Bleach.
Hello Miss, you know sometimes when we are on the downward cycle when drinking we can feel our lives slip away from us or even just feel down because we are unhappy about things.....but often those things are all tied up together and its hard to pull them apart and figure out what the real issues are and where to start to regain control.

What Dee and others are trying to tell you is that you can't just address things like making friends right this second and that would be dealing with the symptoms and not the cause anyway. The cause is the alcohol and this is where you need to start. It is the alcohol that mixes everything together....it is what your AV does so that you won't figure out that your alcohol problem is the cause of your unhappiness. So, what you need to do is get off and stay off the booze. Then, you can see more clearly and then you can begin the process of rebuilding your happiness/life.

To get off the booze you need to identify the situations and triggers that will tempt or even cause you to drink and then plan ahead and react in a way that you either don't allow these triggers to occur or know that they are occurring and don't allow them to get the better of you. Doing this will really improve your chances of success. So...if there is a situation coming up with your mother then either avoid it or have a clear plan to handle it. Don't just stand in from of the car coming towards you looking at it, do nothing, and then feel sorry for yourself when you get hit. Just my two cents.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Come on ,Miss, you can do this ((())))
Old 11-27-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Better and thank you!!

Happy Thanksgiving all and a big thank you for your support. I'm feeling better today. Still miss my son and am nervous about my family's house but sober and stronger. Ya'll helped.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My mother used to invite me to her house. I didn't always go.

I'm glad you are feeling better today. That's the thing with early sobriety, pinball-machine emotions. Ride it out, you can do it. It's just another day, don't attach some deep meaning to today.

If your mom's house gets to be too much, you can always leave That's the benefit of being an adult, do what you want.

p.s. also in the PNW
Old 11-27-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you Bimini. Good advice, others suggested similar advice on dealing with my Mom's today. I also like the concept of treating like a regular ol Thursday instead of something bigger and scarier.

Nice and grey here today
Old 11-27-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy thanksgiving
Old 11-27-2014, 10:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

SR is here 24/7, post and use the support here on offer, you can get through this!!
Old 11-27-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving all and a big thank you for your support. I'm feeling better today. Still miss my son and am nervous about my family's house but sober and stronger. Ya'll helped.
Just hang in there . . . Thanksgiving through Christmas are rough for many of us do to family problems. This is going to be my first sober Thanksgiving and Christmas in almost 20 years.

I've decided I'm going to login to SR and post when I start feeling urges. You should keep doing the same. There definitely is a community here that wants to support you.