Notices

8 days !

Old 11-24-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

8 days !

Hello everyone I made to 8 days so far. Its not like I haven't done it b4 , its just been a whole lot less of a struggle this time around. Remember I ve never had more than 2 months clean in the last 10yrs. Only thing I'm feeling a lil out of sorts after I received a call from a old temporary sponser,s boyfriend tonight. I never met him , he paused quite a few times b4 telling me he found her dead on the kitchen floor on Thursday. Mind u I didn't spend to much time with this woman because she never had time for me. I just stopped calling her. I think she had 2 years. Her boyfriend said she was sober. I just kinda had a fleeting thought that ...dam... what the hey this woman gets sober and dtops dead in her kitchen! I started compteplating my own mortality and of course is sobriety worth the trouble on and on u all know the drill. Bottom line I'm not going to use it as an excuse to drink. But something is telling me I should get it off my chest anyway. Thx for listening. Posting, talking in group therapy is part of my plan so I must do it. I want to take this very serious and not discount any part of my plan . I want action this time around not just talk and BS.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend mistory.

D
Old 11-24-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mistory, that totally is sad about that lady, my condolences. Yeah I have contemplated my own mortality many times (as I am a former Soldier) and have been faced with it. But I realized I have to live for the here and the now, not the past or future. All of us will end up in the ground someday, it is what we do with our lives that matters Congrats on the 8 days, I am going on day 2 , deuces
Old 11-24-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am sorry for your loss. Congrats on the first of many sober weeks.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thx D. I wouldn't consider the person a friend, but an acquaintance. Its just that just last week I would of used this as an excuse to drink. That is progress for me. Darn just last Sunday I was drunk ready to end it all in a motel. SR is helping me so much because I'm really using it as a recovery tool this time....not just lurking.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oddly I just read something by Tom arnold ( from rosanne) that is pertinent to this

Tom said that at his forth rehab , he was given a roomate , it was back in the early eighties , anyways his roomate had aids and about 11months to live , tom asked him why he was there . with so little time left on the planet, his roomate responded " I want to die sober "
Old 11-24-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maggpie666999 View Post
Mistory, that totally is sad about that lady, my condolences. Yeah I have contemplated my own mortality many times (as I am a former Soldier) and have been faced with it. But I realized I have to live for the here and the now, not the past or future. All of us will end up in the ground someday, it is what we do with our lives that matters Congrats on the 8 days, I am going on day 2 , deuces
Hi magpie! Welcome to SR, I seen your thread earlier. 2 Days is a great start. Your getting that poison out your system! Keep reading SR and posting. Also thx for sharing your thoughts about living for here and now. It reinforces that is what has to be done, but sober of course. Living drinking was death...the real walking dead. And more horrific than some zombie show!
Old 11-25-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

8 days is awesome Mistory well done keep going
Old 11-25-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job on 8 days!!
Old 11-25-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

congrats on 8 days,

Yes, I too want to die sober. But I want to live sober first.

You can do this mistory.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Congratulations on 8 days.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Anyone who doesn't contemplate their mortality from time to time doesn't know the true joy of being alive! Enjoy, mistory.