Notices

Tummy Trouble

Old 11-17-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I know stress made my stomach hurt. If you recently quit a substance it could be stress associated with withdrawal. Stress and anxiety was a big part of my stomach hurting all the time. Then I was dx'd with a gluten and diary intolerance. That all helped a lot. But the stress is a big factor in stomach pain when all else comes back negative. Its that ghost symptom... Hope you find what is up soon.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jryan19982 View Post
I know stress made my stomach hurt. If you recently quit a substance it could be stress associated with withdrawal. Stress and anxiety was a big part of my stomach hurting all the time. Then I was dx'd with a gluten and diary intolerance. That all helped a lot. But the stress is a big factor in stomach pain when all else comes back negative. Its that ghost symptom... Hope you find what is up soon.
Stress obviously plays a huge role in my life as well. I recently had three canker sores pop up during the past week.

As for the acidity and my affinity for coffee, I think I am going to try some low acid coffees and see if I can keep my morning habit.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Just wanted to stop by and let you know I was thinking of you. I'm hoping you know what is happening soon.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Newhope - I had the same thing a few years ago, debilitating stomach pains one night, I was drinking really dark beer and had some red wine, along with some fried foods, my stomach finally said no more. It was awful, went to Dr's and they sent me for an endoscopy (took pictures of my stomach lining) and it was "just" gastritis or inflammation of the stomach lining, had to change my diet around - gave up coffee for 6-8 months and switched almost entirely to white wine (too much white wine) - it does get better, I don't eat much processed and fried foods anymore, and now that I am giving up alcohol it is rare that I get any aches. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon. Stomach problems really are terrible to deal with.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am back to my coffee habit, while acidic I really want it!
Old 11-17-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
I am back to my coffee habit, while acidic I really want it!
Haha, me too.

My dr ruled out gastrititis as well. I am beginning to think it is psychosomatic.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
~sb

alcohol disrupts the entire digestive tract, which is also most of our immune system.

Igor was a complete mess for about 2-3 months after I stopped drinking. Oh yes, I had named my stomach "Igor" as "Igor" had given me problems during most of my drinking years!
Old 11-17-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
alcohol disrupts the entire digestive tract, which is also most of our immune system.

Igor was a complete mess for about 2-3 months after I stopped drinking. Oh yes, I had named my stomach "Igor" as "Igor" had given me problems during most of my drinking years!
You crack me up sugarbear1. Perhaps I should name my tummy too.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Don't drink tomato juice either. It messed up my stomach and I ended up in the hospital once!