Notices

Here Goes Nothing...

Old 11-10-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

wow this sounds so much like me, i am 23 also. I never usually make it past the 5 day mark, its a tough thing around our age to stay away without losing my friends or becoming a hermit. I also am aiming for the "month mark", as i couldn't imagine making a lifetime commitment as of now, just gonna take it slow and go with it! The alcohol has recently started to effect my work, (due to drinking more and more at a time) that is where I am realizing i gotta make changes.

Good like Brightstarr, thanks for your post
Old 11-10-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

today i am not drinking it doesn't get any simpler than that really, i will let the tomorrows look after themselves.

took me a long time to try to understand what it means to live for just one day as i was always living in the future or in the past
i would be making plans for how on earth am i going to stay sober when my kids grow up and get married or when i retire from work
it was always plans for the future that i can never ever control and might never ever get there

i had to stop doing that and focus on the here and now daily. i used to hear people say this all the time and i could never understand what they would mean but today i do
i have to stop living in the future or the past and i have to realize i am only alive for one day at a time and that time is now today
i could be dead tomorrow so all my plans would of been worth nothing
Old 11-11-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I understand why you are saying 30 days. The idea of forever anything can be frightening. That is why as desypete said, one day at a time. The fact that you are here and going to AA tells me that you really want to quit for good. Just remember what people here have said about looking forward to day 31 and drinking.

Keep us posted.