Notices

People who doubt your Sobriety.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bunnezjp View Post
Unfortunately, I have had to ask her to leave my home many times so far. If there was any compusion left in me to drink, it would be her. She will never understand, and I will keep having to turn a deaf ear.

Bunnez
I had to ask my mother to leave my home four months ago, I get it, take a peek at narcissism is you get a chance. Google "24 traits of the narcissistic mother". You may find something you can relate to.

My mother ignored my sobriety because she could not relate, one up me with one of her own stories or take credit for it.

It was the first thing I ever did just for me. My recovery and my sobriety is the only thing that is just mine. I own it and it is my responsibility.

One of the last things she yelled at me was that I was a dry drunk. She has no idea the program I work. She just wanted me to engage. To argue about it and defend it. I did nether. Just because I am invited to an argument does not mean I have to show up.

It took her three months to move out. Let me tell you, that was longer than my first three months sober but I learned patience, to keep my mouth shut and to stay on point when I do communicate with someone difficult.

If your program works for you, then work it! Congrats on six months. Keep coming back.