# 22 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I was with you Arbor LOL - and you're smack on target

D
Wise old cookie monster!
Old 11-04-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

i got it too Arbor. Worried myself to death few weeks ago when i went out with others on a business trip. All 8 others were drinking but me, I had my diet coke and no one noticed or cared.

Great job on 36 days!
Old 11-04-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I initially took it the other way, because I identified that way. Mu husband seems not to care that I stop. he drinks and I am his drinking buddy, so not a lot of encouragement or support there, and a fridge with cold beer most of the time.

But yes, in many social situations, I have found people do not care that you do not drink.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Thankful for this community

After 2 years of drinking beers throughout hockey games with my fellow seat neighbours, after a few games they don't even ask me anymore if they should bring a beer back with them for me as well.
They only asked out of habit and to be polite. They don't care at all I sip my water.
This ritual was a tough one to break, and scared me the most...mainly because of what I worried they would think. Completely unfounded fears.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Lol don't you love technology!?! The only time I ever " cared " who was drinking was when I was looking for someone to get drunk with me. Sad sad!
Old 11-04-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You know what else... the general public does not drink anywhere near as much as I thought they did.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

36 days is fantastic!! And so far nobody has cared that I wasn't drinking but the test will be a xmas party in dec.... I'm thinking somebody there will try to get me to have one
Old 11-04-2014, 10:42 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

but the test will be a xmas party in dec.... I'm thinking somebody there will try to get me to have one [/QUOTE]

I am worried about that event too, people are already ordering the prepaid wine. Do people really not notice? My sister and a friend are visiting in a couple of weekends. The little voice in my head is already at work saying 'well you could just have one to be social...' Tips please friends
Old 11-05-2014, 12:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

ruddie, two phrases that I repeat to myself:

"1 becomes 100"

"I don't drink"
Old 11-05-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ruddie View Post
but the test will be a xmas party in dec.... I'm thinking somebody there will try to get me to have one I am worried about that event too, people are already ordering the prepaid wine. Do people really not notice? My sister and a friend are visiting in a couple of weekends. The little voice in my head is already at work saying 'well you could just have one to be social...' Tips please friends
After all the drinkers have consumed their first couple drinks they are already inebriated anyways so you not drinking is the farthest thing from their minds.

Thanks for all the understanding responses. It's so encouraging to have you all batting for me. Keeps me going strong with my sobriety!