Notices

Day 3 - losing my mind?

Old 10-31-2014, 10:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 - losing my mind?

So on day 3 and last night I was seeing things. In the dark. But when I'm awake. Had to put the light on twice in the night to check. A few days ago I saw something during the day, I was going to bed though and very tired.

I haven't been drinking daily to the extent I used to since I joined SR so although I've slipped I wasn't expecting huge withdrawals.

The last time I saw things was after I had my son when I went 3 days straight with no sleep and I was seeing bugs on the walls... it's been half term holidays this week so up with my son between 3am and 5am every day and no help so I am very tired.

Is this booze related? Sleep related? Or am I just losing it?!
Old 10-31-2014, 10:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Btw it's not bugs I'm seeing more like monsters/ghouls.

And my house does have a friend who's passed but I'm sure it's not him.

Although we always have problems with electrical items in the house, and this past week we have had 3 appliances break (kettle, hairdryer and alarm clock) which is a record!

I know I sound insane
Old 10-31-2014, 10:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

to be safe, I'd definitely see your Dr. Mavis

D
Old 10-31-2014, 10:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh sweety, that must be scary.
I have not experienced any hallucinations myself in withdrawal, but I know others have.

Have you thought about talking to a doctor love?
It might be helpful to have some medical advice right now.

Hang in there, it WILL get better.

As for not expecting this...I hear you.
I always knew that it could get worse if I drank again, but unfortunately I had to prove it to myself the hard way. Let's hope we don't ever have to go through this again.

(((hugs)))

V xx
Old 10-31-2014, 10:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Can't really add much to what Dee and Venus said, except to say I totally agree.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You don't sound insane at all, Mavis...that sounds scary. I ditto the advice to call your doctor, just to be on the safe side.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you guys.
Weird thing is it's not scary. Takes a lot to scare me lol. I would just like to know if it's purely due to lack of sleep or alcohol related.
I could have understood it if I watched something scary before I went to bed last night - we were supposed to watch walking dead but I was too tired so we only watched a british soap and I was in bed just after nine!
Old 10-31-2014, 11:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well it's good you're not scared.

How do you feel about talking to a doc? Might help to clarify what's going on.

V xx
Old 10-31-2014, 11:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

To be honest I don't really want to go to doc. I suffer from depression and don't want them to think I'm going crazy and get other people involved! I feel ok apart from these things and I do think it's more likely due to tiredness and overactive imagination. Obviously if it gets worse I will go x
Old 10-31-2014, 11:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I understand love.
Do what you need to do.
The good thing is that you can always go see someone if you want to.

V xx ♥
Old 11-01-2014, 01:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How much sleep have you got, total, in the last few days? Too little sleep does that to me.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I've got an average of 4-5 hours a night
Old 11-01-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

i had this during my last withdrawal. it's horrible, but, you never need go through this again if you work on sobriety, one day at a time.

hope you feel better soon...
Old 11-01-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

One time I was in Baton Rouge for work. I'd traveled there with cocaine, doing some of it in the plane en route, the rest on arrival with a colleague.

Then we drank most of the night away.

I had dreams... I think they were dreams, but I was awake. I could see demons in my room. Shadowy demons and then I could FEEL them. Sliding my covers off, coming for me, but I was paralyzed.

I couldn't move and I was terrified. Never anything like it before or since.

At ten months sobriety, I sometimes have strange dreams; but never terrifying and never demons. Most of my dreams now are insightful. Most of my 'seeing things' is emotional and metaphorical. What I'm now beginning to see is ways in which I might grow and expand.

Hang in there. If it continues please do see a doctor. It can be scary to share these things but even scarier to be all alone dealing with them. Better to rule out any medical condition or get help with it of it exists.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

During Wd i swear the lenght and widths of the walls were changing never happened since what i believe is because your body has been WD a few time recently that this is a by product of WD but definatly like D said book a doc apt i know it hasnt gone too well at the docs maybe ring the nhs local drug & alcohol team

Big massive hugs Mavis
Old 11-01-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wow, that's not a lot of sleep at all! If it happened last time you were sleep deprived, is there any way you can get a nap today? I'm not a doctor, so I don't know if seeing things may suggest something very serious, so it sounds like it would be a good idea to check. In any case, you definitely need a break so thank God your little man's school break is almost over!!! Hang in there, girl, we got this.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

During withdrawal(s) and my many attempts to quit, I saw weird images on the ceiling and wall; they looked like finely detailed Egyptian hieroglyphics, written in a doodled code, and they were quite fascinating to observe and look at. I also had halting sleep and woke up in dreams surrounded by people and voices I had seen and talked to the day before. If you have gone cold turkey after a long period of 24/7 drinking you can expect your mind to play tricks and you are not going crazy. I think I made a mistake going through it without a doctor's attention but I made it. I still have weird dreams all the time, it is something I live with.