Notices

9 months went by

Old 10-21-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

9 months went by

and i couldn't be happier without alcohol.

i really don't need this horrible drug in my life. glass of wine doesn't make the meat taste better and i enjoy sunny days on the beach without beer.

since early 2011, when i joined here, it was a very interesting road of recovery. i had a few slip-ups, but i am determined to not ever give up.

i keep thinking that this is probably the best thing that has ever happened to me.

i would never be a normal drinker (if not an alcoholic. there is no "normal" drinking").. if i could drink, i would drink heavy.. i would drive intoxicated.. i would slowly, but surely ruin my health. it could potentially destroy my life, my family, etc.
when i was drinking i could justify any of the above. most likely with the answer that "it won't happen to me". or some other denial-like response..

being sober for a while makes me think, why would i want to try and justify any of the above? isn't it much more simple to just not drink?

easier said than done. i know what the beast is capable of and i know it can wake up with full vengeance at a spur of the moment. but i have also learned (and learning) how to deal with that. and the longer you stay sober it seems like our bodies and minds just do the work for us (the goal is not to over-think). i try to follow good, simple habits of exercise and good nutrition and general well-being. the rest seems to flow on its own.

let's see how things unfold. i'm going for a year... and on and on this time... but remembering to take it one day at a time and not to overindulge in thinking about tomorrow.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done Serious on 9 months thats awesome

i remember thinking wow women carry babies for this long ?

big congratulations friend
Old 10-21-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Failure Is Not An Option

Hello Serious. Congratulations on 9 months.

i'm going for a year... and on and on this time...

I'm afraid I don't understand. Are you committing to a year of sobriety or something else?
Old 10-21-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

9 months is amazing, especially looking from 23 days. I am just taking it one day at a time, reminding my self that I don't drink alcohol when the internal subject comes up.

I'm not proud to be an alcoholic, but I am also not ashamed. At least I have identified what I am...and now know how to go about fixing it!
Old 10-21-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

9 Months is fantastic!!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on nine months sober!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Resolv View Post
Hello Serious. Congratulations on 9 months.

i'm going for a year... and on and on this time...

I'm afraid I don't understand. Are you committing to a year of sobriety or something else?

last time i failed at 10 months.. my next major milestone, if i chose to count... would be one year. and then who knows... one day at a time to 100 years

i'm not really making any plans or commitments .. except not drinking.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 9 months. Keep it going.