Notices

alone and scared in NYC

Old 10-20-2014, 02:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, pdmme! For practical help I think your fellow NY members have posted some great suggestions. I will just add that it will amaze you how much things can improve when you are ready to get sober.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Kys

The fact you're staying sober through all of this shows real strength right there.

The support here is incredible so please post and read as much as you like.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

There are many resources available in NYC. Perhaps a visit to your closest HRA Family Independence Administration center?
Old 10-20-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi pdmme> we have all been there and done that... hey not sure were in NewYork you are.. but here is CoreStaffing.. they got me a temp job that became full time with benefits and life... give them a call and chat tell them Ardith Richter from Milwaukee WI sent you really...CORE Staffing Services Inc. | 40 Wall Street, NY, NY, 10005 | (212) 766-1222

and prayers and love from an Old Mom... now you can do this I know it I have Faith in you....

Originally Posted by pdmme View Post
I have been lurking for months on this forum, but this last 6 day binge was so extreme I don't remember 5 of the 6 days-- I'm now on the day 2 of sober and it was so bad last night and this morning i thought id have to go to ER. Im currently unemployed, had very successful interviews and got dinged on the 7th, that was my last hope. Im losing my apartment in 13 days, no place to go, no friends or family to speak of my last relatives my mother and grandmother passed away 3 years ago within 4 months of each other.

Been in the hospital for gastritis, esophagitis and pancreatitis 3 times in the last 3 months.

Huge debts, no money, no food in the refrigerator, drinking Oral Rehydration Solution to minimize withdrawal. Things look pretty bleak. Any words of kindness or wisdom?