Notices

Obsession about sobriety - when does it stop??

Old 10-12-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's a process like everything else Flyn...I lived in fear for decades...took a few months for me to learn differently

D
Old 10-12-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post
Even when the road seemed flat…at least I was on a different road. I knew what drinking again would bring. I hung in there and trusted that people here weren't lying when they say it gets better.

The further away you get from the bottle, the more roadblocks you create against going backwards. You begin to see all that is possible, and looking backwards only reminds you of how small your world had gotten. Hang in there Flyn…4 months is huge, you got this!
Yes, obsessed with sobriety / flat days are better than alternative for certain! I do trust others that have been there. Many here with good sobriety. Frankly, This is the worlds largest AA group of kinds! ( I get a kick out of those who state they haven't used AA .....guess what, this is it w/o the step work - surprise!) The difference is we can ignore things here.....

Thanks for the terrific comments....2 left skates! That should be a screen name.....Glad you are doing well

peace
fly
Old 10-12-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It's a process like everything else Flyn...I lived in fear for decades...took a few months for me to learn differently

D
Your story should be required reading.....If you were in AA, it'd be in the Big Book So much grace Dee......
Old 10-12-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm at four months and am right there with you! I do feel somewhat consumed. I started a new workout regimen and healthier eating so my natural obsessive personality is chanelef into that in terms of some goals .