Notices

Weird Results for My Day 1 AV Log

Old 10-02-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weird Results for My Day 1 AV Log

I got my first AV appearance on day 4 of not drinking. I started a log to track my AV and see exactly what triggers it for me. My intention is to keep this log at least through October.

Day one was weird to me. I only had 4 AV appearances and they all related to the grocery store! Twice thinking about going to the grocery, once in the grocery and once leaving the grocery store.

These were all very mild and easy to dismiss. The grocery store is what makes it weird for me. Never would I have thought the grocery store was a trigger for me.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think triggers can be surprising and pop up out of nowhere, so it's a good idea to be paying attention. Congratulations on Day 4.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I think triggers can be surprising and pop up out of nowhere, so it's a good idea to be paying attention. Congratulations on Day 4.
I'm actually on day 5. The log entries were from day 4.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, congratulations on day 4!
Old 10-02-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I honestly dont think thats weird at all. I personally hate grocery shopping. I love cooking, but I hate the shopping. I think the grocery store is sensory overload. Drinking dulls the senses and now we are much more in tune to all the sights, sounds, and feelings.

Before I realized I was an alcoholic, I would go a couple days without drinking. Friday would come around and a friend would ask me to meet him at a bar. So I would go and between the people, the music, the random noise I would be sweating, shaking, and pretty much having a panic attack until i got atleast 3 stiff drinks in me because my senses were over loaded. I needed those drinks to dull those senses.

Thats my thoughts.