Notices

I don't take responsibility

Old 09-27-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I don't take responsibility

After much introspection and thought, I realized that I frame myself a victim. I think I am smarter than most, wow I just blew my own mind. I want to blame the world and others, I blame everyone other than myself in my mind.

At this most late/ early hour I just realized that in my own mind when I think about situation everyone, but myself is to blame. I give lip service to personal responsibility, but really until now haven't taken any personal responsibility.

Funny how the mind works, I've had lots of time to get better, and in some aspect have. However, I've never owned where I am at, realized now I don't know who I am, and through fear and stupidity haven't given anything or anyone or help offered any real chance.

I am not a victim, I am not anything other than an addict, with a problem with alcohol, that wants to blame the whole world but not me. Now, at this hour, I am crying and shedding tears... I am an addict that needs to get better, quit blaming the world, and get help....

My mind is blown, no more lip service, this is a true epiphany in thought, and a realization, I don't take responsibility for me and I blame others and ultimately that hurts me and those I care for!!!!!!!!! Oh Jeremy, why did it take you so long, and such circumstances to arrive at this conclusion?

Now I feel like a bad person! I guess everyone is bad in their own ways though. Not sure what to think now.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am glad that you have come to realize this Jeremy. The big question is Now what? Are you going to do the inpatient therapy?

You know we are here to support you.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are getting stronger, Jeremy; one can hear it in your posts. Keep at it; your family needs you.

A bad person?? Definitely not, Jeremy.

Rooting for you, Jeremy.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you beat yourself up way too much Jeremy.

Most of us had problems with responsibility - we either took none, or we took too much.
I did both, somehow...

There's nothing that you haven't done that 100 others here haven't done as well, man.

One of the best parts of recovery for me was learning to forgive myself - and accepting that my best was the most I could do.

Be gentle with yourself Jeremy

D