Notices

my husband is drinking right NOW

Old 09-25-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erin8 View Post
and I was scared.
Perfectly normal Erin. And good for you for realizing what you were actually feeling. That's really awesome. You were scared..and you endured..and you didn't drink. Really, really good job. You faced a situation..an emotion and you got on through : )
Old 09-25-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erin8 View Post
No. He controls himself much better than I do when he drinks. .. I cant say for sure if he has a problem. I was just freaking out because I've not been near alcohol for 6 days and I was scared. I just got home and he's asleep so it isnt that hard. As long as I dont see it I think I'm ok.
That's good.

I'm not saying it NEVER happens, but in my experience, it is very very seldom that two alcoholics end up together.

It's like we repel each other, like trying to push two magnets together.

Magnets hold a charge and only pair willingly with something non charged.

Even though he drinks, from what you have said, he is not charged the same as you.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Erin, well done you are doing fantastically I'm on day 7 and my hubby has been alcohol free with me. Maybe have a chat with your husband when he's sober and tell him you need his support 100% in this. If he can't support you then it looks like he has a problem himself. Hope that you can get through to him - you shouldn't have to avoid being in your own home, it should be your safe haven
Old 09-26-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Erin,
My husband also drinks...a lot. I know that he misses our "time together", but, I had/have to distance myself from him when he is drinking so that I can work on my sobriety. So far it's been almost a month. Last week I was able to sit outside with him and drink my non alcoholic drink while he drank his beer. When I started to get uncomfortable (b/c I also quit smoking), I went back inside and did my own thing! I know that I cannot change him, but, I can change myself. What I have noticed about him since I quit drinking is that he hasn't been drinking as much! So, maybe your hubby will cut back his consumption too! He will see you as a role model! You just need to work on yourself now and everything else will fall into place.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well done on six days. Did you hear anything helpful in the AA meeting you went to after you posted?

You might want to share there in person and get some extra support.