Notices

Surprising myself everyday

Old 09-21-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Surprising myself everyday

Wow, is all I got to say. I took a temp job moving exercise equipment, an entire gym. It was scheduled for 3 days, but these guys were in a bind, and needed to be in Colorado today so we did it in two days 25 hours in two days I worked, and these guys were so impressed with me, they gave me 29 hours on my temp hours.

I was dehydrated, not thinking straight and moving exercise equipment that was easily 500+ lbs, actual over 200 machines that weighed that much, and then dumbells hundreds of dumbells all the way up to 150lbs, and so forth. I felt alive again, like I was doing what I loved again moving furniture. At the end these guys were like, you know you can make a lot of money doing this as a real job.

The only sticky part of the job, was the other temp workers with me. There were to incidents, I got my finger smashed between two dumbells by one guy on accident he apologized and actually bought me dinner for doing after we were done.

The second incident a kid ( all methed out) I felt bad for him from a temp position. This job was way above his level and no way, absolutely no way he could do it for 14 hours, and he was coming down in front of us. Sad, however: this guy tossed a 35 lbs weight on my foot. Fine accidents happened but then he laughed about the situation. Now that I am of sober mind and body, I told him its not funny, the boss man kicked him off the job instantly. Sad to say, just 1 short year ago at the height of my alcoholism I would socked this guy!! This time, I did the right thing and went on with life. Sober makes life so much more manageable and easy.

So I am mega sore, both my finger and foot are swollen, but because I am sober I made almost enough for rent, I proved that I can come back from this addiction, and that there is life in recovery. Oh and not smoking certainly helped me with this job, I wasn't winded one single time. I was watching the other temps wheezing and having issues, and I was fine.

In short, I love sobriety, I hate the urges, but I love the upside more and more daily. So much to gain, and I am beginning to realize I am only losing a tiny part of what life really has to offer. I should of given that methed out kid this website, but I was too angry at the time. Yeah, I am even having a tiny bit of compassion for someone that hurt me! Weirdness, sobriety I am beginning to love it!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to POWER through and show some STRENGTH. Wow.

Nothing like sobriety. Glad to hear you are doing so well, TDG; you are inspirational.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I should call you "sir" for lifting all those weight!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Jeremy of all your posts i love this one the most i am so honored to be your friend

This story had made me feel so good

so happy for you this is such a beatiful post J

this post will help so many

sorry about the guy laughing after he dropped weight on ur foot you handled that perfectly
you got a free dinner plus 29 bonus hours J they must have been impressed serious well done here

sorry hand is sore aswell hope you heal quickly

fantastic Jeremy and the line of work your getting for all the effort your putting into your sobriety (a bit like old job ?) is mega fantastic

nice isnt it when it all starts working out

Great stuff J
Old 09-21-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you man...getting the chemicals in your brain the natural way - nice.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm really humbled by your fantastic attitude. You're doing so well, keep it up!
Old 09-21-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

excellent achievement
What a turnaround !!
You are an inspiration
Old 09-21-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

There is working out, then there's moving the whole gym! A job and a workout, well done! Glad things are looking up, TDG.