Notices

Third time lucky ?

Old 09-19-2014, 09:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mcfearless View Post
Today was a tough day. I has bad sleep and woke up parched. I have been drinking energy drinks and geeeb tea and rehydeation powders and water and water and water and srill thirsty. Never had this when I was drinking nighlty so it seems ironic to happen now. Does anyone have any experience of what is goinf on with by body here in day 5 and 6? Feels like I have a.bad hangover.

Still.absolutely no desire to drink alcohol thoufh. But In curious as what belies these symptoms of massive thirst despite constanly drinking liquids.
Hi. Just wanted to THANK YOU for posting this comment. I am on Day 7 (one week yay!) and for the past two days I've said the exact same thing to my class thread. I feel like I got run over by a truck. So exhausted--it takes all my energy just to go to work. Headache. Thirsty all the time! Like you, I was never thirsty while drinking (wow, that sounds weird).

People have told me to be patient, that after years of drinking you need to give your body a break and time to heal. Lots of others have the same symptoms (though I've never heard anyone else mention thirst). So I've decided to just go with it. I am an emotional mess, tired, sore, thirsty. But it is WAY better than how I felt with a massive hangover. I'm just hoping it gets better over time and just accepting it for now. I really don't have a choice if I want to stay sober, unfortunately.

Glad someone else feels the same way!