Notices

lotta reading to do

Old 09-12-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lotta reading to do

Hi, i'm new to this area and so happy to find it. I can see I have ALOT of work to do to get away from my addict / alcoholic fiancé. Why is this SO hard? I sure wish he could get help, and in fact is supposed to go to his first NA meeting since I've met him. He is a past user of EVERYTHING. He was using 200 dollars a day of the synthetic marijuana for the last two years. Got hurt a work, now is off the synthetic because I absolutely put my foot down about that, but now he is heavily back to using pain pills and alcohol. My issues are that I think no matter how many meetings he goes to I believe he has brain damage. For real. I don't know if he can be fixed. Delusional. Violent. Overly loving on the other hand and completely dependent on me. I have to figure out my own sickness in staying and how to wrap my head around leaving. And why I've put up with this and allowed myself to be in this much misery for the last 3 years. I am embarrassed by what I have put up with. Terribly.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!

I don't think you should be embarrassed. Being in an abusing happens to the best of us. If he is violent with you, don't tolerate it one second. Life is really too short to be in an unhealthy relationship.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome ymbby

No need to be embarrassed - there are alot of us who have been in violent realtionships or had an addicted loved one.

I know you'll find support and understanding here

You should also check out our Family and Friends forums too - there's a lot of information and experience there too about living with someone else's addiction and about domestic violence.

The Alcoholism and Addictions Help Forums- by SoberRecovery.com

D
Old 09-13-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!