Notices

Day 3 and exhausted

Old 08-24-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 and exhausted

I'm still holding strong on my determination not to drink, but physically I'm exhausted. Also feeling lonely and sad today. I went to church and really enjoyed it. Decided to grab a bite to eat before heading home to rest and to do a whole lot of nothing.

The sweats were a little better last night, but I had intense dreams and kept waking up upset & stressed. Realizing it was a dream then drifting off to more of that. I know it's all part of the process, but I'm ready for it to be done with.

I've been reading threads and it's really helpful. This time will be different. I'm determined and am going to have a happy & productive life without alcohol.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

You are going through the worst part right now, this will pass by real soon, just try to stay with it and you will come out the other end of this a much happier, healthier and contented person.

You are doing great.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in! The beginning is always the worst for me, all the times over and over lol...by day 5/6 I started to feel better then the things you are experiencing. Stay strong <3
Old 08-24-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on three days. Things will get better soon, just hang in there and remember there's nothing a drink will make better.
Wishing you a happy and productive sober life.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there, the initial period can be tough, but it doesn't last forever, keep pushing through!!

Remember the body is healing, but it can't repair years of drinking in a matter of days, it'll time, but you'll get there!!
Old 08-24-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Remember how you feel right now and tell your addictive voice to shove it when it tries to convince you to pick up when you're feeling better.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Bevula- yes that's a wonderful technique, that's exactly what I do, I remind myself of how poor I felt and how good the feeling was when it started going away, blast it into your head however possible!
Old 08-24-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

For me it wasn't so much my stomach that calmed down, but the crippling headaches I would get would put me in bed, like in a dark room, very dismal all around.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sinderos, I like that you are planning to have a happy and productive life without alcohol. It sounds like you are taking action and that's so important. It's not enough to stop drinking and 'hope' things work out. We have to get out there and make it happen.