Addictive Voice, Beast, Maturity

Old 08-24-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Soberjennie:
I'll check that one out.

W.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I love dogs because they're beasts without guile! A dog doesn't really hide its agenda; it is its agenda. They seem to live fully in the moment to a degree that humans almost never do. Obviously they have memory but they rarely if ever seem to live in their memories as we are wont to do.

For that reason maybe nothing in the world is so happy as a happy dog! They do wear their little hearts on their furry sleeves.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by oldsoul1122 View Post
I'm looking all over..off topic but how do I post a thread? Great post BTY thanks.
Go to the section where you want to post your new thread...for instance, "Newcomers to Recovery". At the top left corner under the two little people there's a radio button that says "New Thread." Click on that.

I put a red circle around it and drew an arrow.

Old 08-25-2014, 12:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Good stuff as always, W.

When I had severe sleep paralysis I was shown this picture

WOW
Old 08-25-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Soberwolf: I must say that viewing the Fuseli picture would give me sleep paralysis since I would not want to sleep for fear of experiencing a nightmare!
I have been ruminating a little more about the "Beast". Jack Trimpy's "Rational Recovery" and AVRT explore this concept, which is well founded scientifically, in the specific context of alcoholism and substance abuse. Very helpful, and yet there is a larger perspective which examines the same concept in a larger context, indeed in a spiritual and wisdom seeking area known for thousands of years. I have mentioned Buddhism, Taoism. As for Christianity, I note that the so called Gnostic Gospels, particularly the Gospel of St. Thomas, emphasizes the value of introspection (i..e. "The Kingdom of God is within you and all around you...."). And some cosmologists today speculate about another dimension coexisting and coterminous with the phenomenological world we are familiar with.. Various philosophers have discussed this and have suggested that this realm may be accessed not only through meditation but also by art, particularly music. Thus it all seems to come together.
AA (with regard to which, at least in its traditional sense, I have some serious issues) exhibits a great deal of truth and usefulness in its "One Day at a Time, One Step at a Time", Easy Does It", all helpful in controlling the "Beast", all recognized elsewhere, particularly in the Tao Te Ching.

W.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Do your best

I think it is something to with the brain falling asleep a fraction before the body

All I know is I've experienced severely from spinning in the room (sensation) to trying to scream out and I couldn't speak this went on for around 2 years

I got rid of all mirrors in my room I tell anyone who has suffered this and they generally have a mirror present in the room

Sounds crazy but it hasn't happened since

BTW when I descibed what was going on with me I was shown a picture by somebody they had experienced it too

Really horrible to go through hoping with this its easier to talk about !