Notices

Eating more!

Old 08-22-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Eating more!

Anyone else out there that eats way more when they are not drinking? I always have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner but without drinking I am always thinking about what is next to eat or drink like dessert, snacks, coffee, soda's whatever! Maybe I am filling a void???
Old 08-22-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
waking down

You're filling your stomach. Alcohol comes with lots of calories and sugar. Your body is craving something to replace the alcohol.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I developed a sweet tooth when I quit, all the sugar in alcohol was gone so the body I guess needed an alternative!!
Old 08-22-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have the same situation. Am trying to get a grip on the food issue. I wish I could crave carrots and celery! In the beginning, we need to be kind to ourselves...so I gave into it. Anything was better than drinking. As our body recovers we need to nourish it. But we also crave the sugar that we have been consuming in the alcohol. Now I'm 6 months in and I would like to lose some weight, so I have to get a grip.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Same here with the eating. Usually if I was on a binge I'd barely eat anything. Been a month since my last drink, but been eating for no reason ha. I guess it's still better than drinking for a reason or in my case no reason either ( if that makes any sense haha)