Notices

Panic attacks and work

Old 08-14-2014, 02:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Panic attacks and work

I have a 7 hour shift coming up (not too bad) and my anxiety is doing back-flips. Always happens a few days after quitting. Anyone else suffer from panic attacks at work?

I'm gonna try and do some cardio before I go to release some stress. Hopefully I wont have a full scale attack. I'd love to call in sick, but as it's zero hour, they can effectively sack me for no particular reason by just not giving me shifts.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Mr b, hope the cardio works to curb your anxiety.

Good for you on not calling in sick. Hopefully the anxiety lessens the more sober time you have under your belt.

Good luck today
Old 08-14-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you are like me then you have gone to work hundreds of times with this anxiety. I used to always wonder if I could make it through the day. I'm sure you can get through today and take it as a lesson not to drink anymore. You can do it.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would get those panic feelings after a binge session. the famous impending doom as they call it.

Good news is that if you keep of the sauce, your anxiety will most likely go away.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I do sympathize, those feelings are nasty but can be managed as long as you accept what they are.. Deep breathing in from the nose will sow them down & will halt them & keep saying to yourself "it's only a panic attack & will soon pass" I know it's easier said than done but just keep trying this & you'll soon master it.. Thing is not to dwell on it as this makes it 10 times worse, keep your mind busy, sing a song in your head or out loud even.. Wishing you all the best..