Notices

My girlfriend is in rehab I need help

Old 08-10-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My girlfriend is in rehab I need help

Hi Me and my girlfriend have been dating for two years funny how I met her this is how I met her i'm originally from California my wife cheated on me and I took it really really hard I don't drink I don't smoke and I don't do drugs I left my house and went all way to Florida because I was about to kill somebody after a year feeling sorry for myself one friend said get up go out do something well I have a special place that were when I was very sad I always went there so I did that afternoon I see this beautiful blonde sitting and crying and my favorite bench right by the ocean I went up to her and asked her what's wrong she said my boyfriend cheated on me I said I know how hard it is my wife did the same she asked me how I took it I said it's a pain that nobody wants is a pain that nobody deserves I guess that's how sometimes life is I said I am very sorry to bother you so I walked away 20 minutes later she came and sat by my bench and asked me again how did you do it I told her it wasn't easy it was very very hard so she gets up and says it was nice to meet you and left two weeks later Sunday afternoon I was sitting there eating an ice cream on the same bench she comes up and asks can I join you I'm like Shure before she left she gave me her number she's like don't be a stranger call me i'm 34 she's 23 i'm like there's no way how she's going to call me next thing I know she invites me for dinner which of course I was shocked after one month hanging around she told me she really like me so I asked her one day to be my girlfriend she said of course well for the last six months of our two year relationship which her mom hated me because I was older I catch her doing drugs she was smoking never around me the last eight months she was in with me but she really hide it very good or I was just plain stupid once I asked her why she said I've been doing the last four years but the last six months while she was living with me she took a lot of money for me and became a horrible person so one day I said enough is enough i'll stop paying her car I stopped paying her insurance finally I kicked out of my house her mom and dad and I want nothing to do with her because she did drugs so I kick her out she was in the street for about one week I was don't need to teach her a lesson that when you do drugs you lose everything well after three days I mist her I regret kick her out finally found her after six days I cried just seeing her like that she said please help me I will do anything you want me to do I will go to rehab and become the woman that you always wanted to go to rehab for my family for myself I don't want to be like this no more I took her home I called her dad he said no I don't want to help her I said please a family member could only get her in rehab he said no no no i'm like please she's a human being she's your daughter please help me so after a week me begging him he finally said okay they came and they took her to Northern California to a rehab facility there after three weeks I was very very very sad she was gone but it was for all good she wrote me 19 page love letter confessing her love to me she called me every single night one day she calls me and tells me that the tell her she cannot talk to me i'm like why I don't do drugs she said I love you cannot wait to see you i'm doing this for me for you from my family well it's been 58 days I have not heard from her I don't have no way of calling her her mom and dad hate me because I'm older than her so I sent her two dozen roses before I sent her many letters never got a response back my big question is why did you stop talking to me that's all I wanted to know but I went ahead and sent her a dozen roses which they cost me a fortune because the rehab was in the middle of nowhere yeah $320 I know I'm crazy I think I should just wait stick around and wait for her until she gets out I love her and I'm not going to give up she gets out of 4 to 6 weeks iMessage her and Facebook many times just to let her know that I'm there for her and I'm waiting she's going to go ahead and move with her mom and dad and I will go and visit her and she tells me she don't want anything do with me at least I tried at least I tried maybe her mom and dad told them not to let her talk to me I don't know I wrote her a little letter with the flower saying 19 pages you confess you love to me that's 19 pages of hope that's all I wrote so if anybody out there can tell me should I wait or should I just let go my heart says wait just wait
Old 08-10-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Mummfus!!

Your girlfriend needs to sort out her own addiction, and that's going to take time, the only thing I'd say is don't put your life on hold for someone else's addiction, she may make the necessary changes to her life, which would be great, but many don't!!

You'll find loads of support here on SR, we also have a friends and family section on the Forum, which is also worth a read!!
Old 08-10-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Like the little bird in the cage
Leave the door open and she may return
But don't put pressure on her
It's best to totally leave her alone
If it's the real thing for you two
She will come back in time
Live your life while she is gone
Who knows you may not want her back in time
It's hard to find the right one
If we are with the wrong one
MM
Old 08-10-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!
Old 08-10-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Welcome to the Forum Mummfus!!

Your girlfriend needs to sort out her own addiction, and that's going to take time, the only thing I'd say is don't put your life on hold for someone else's addiction, she may make the necessary changes to her life, which would be great, but many don't!!

You'll find loads of support here on SR, we also have a friends and family section on the Forum, which is also worth a read!!
What are you mean
Old 08-10-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mummfus View Post
What are you mean
Miss spelled but what do you mean