Notices

Wife is addicted to pain meds and we just found out.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wife is addicted to pain meds and we just found out.

My wife is addicted to pain meds and was arrested yesterday in Tri-Cities WA. It has been very hard for me right now, but I know she needs my support. We are trying to get her into drug court, but it could be a month or so. I really need help finding a good outpatient rehab for her. She is already having withdrawals. She has been on them for awhile now. She got addicted after a few surgeries that she had. We live in Kennewick, but can travel to Pasco, or Richland in Washington state. Please help if you know of a good place!! Thank you so much
Old 08-06-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the site newlife. You will find lots of useful info and support here. What was she arrested for? Perhaps she should do some research on methadone or suboxone therapy programs they are an option for pain pill addiction. Is she out and home withdrawing? The good news about pain pill withdrawal as generally speaking they are awful and miserable but won't kill you. You can try keep her comfortable and occupied the next 5-7 days but she is going to feel pretty crummy. There are other meds too that can help ease some of the symptoms... she should talk with her doctor anyways. Sorry but I don't have any suggestions about where to go... Good luck on this journey... its not an easy road to travel but it is possible.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If "SHE" wants to get well, and is willing to do whatever it takes, then let her walk the walk and go to meetings and get a sponsor. That's number one. Nothing can happen till she does whatever it takes, anything less cheats her of any chance.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Google "drug rehabs" in your state. You are likely to find a lot and you can call them with questions.

Welcome to the family.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry your family is going through this. I know it's overwhelming knowing where to start in a situation like this. But I'm glad you're trying to seek some help for your wife. And, as far as finding some treatment, you might want to try calling the Lighthouse Network at 1-877-562-2565. They have a free Treatment Helpline that can recommend counseling and other treatment options. So, maybe they'll have some suggestions for your area? Just a thought. But, in the meantime, your family will be in my prayers!